Chapter 35:)

"Now don't lose your fight, kid, 

It only takes a little push to pull on through,

With so much left to do; 

You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you."-Missing You-- ALL TIME LOW

BAILEY POV

I didn't think and my brain wasn't really working as I walked like a robot down the stairs across the runway and up into the plane. My mind even ignored the blaring sound of the planes engines. I was totally at a loss and debating if what I was doing was right. 

Was it?

God I sounded like such a helpless girl. 

This isn't good. I need to get hold of myself, this instant. 

"Ticket please Miss." I looked up to meet the face with the voice. It was a lady, overdressed like always but she seemed friendly enough. For now anyway. 

"Here." I smiled showing her my ticket as I adjusted the bag strap on my shoulder better. The material was cutting into my shoulder. I hadn't even realised, thats how distracted I was. 

The lady, who's name was Anne pointed the way to my seat. I forgot by the time she'd finished telling me, but I guess it was the thought that counted. 

"Thanks." I replied simply, taking my ticket out of her manicured hand. The plane was busy and it was a task in itself moving between the people talking to other people, people putting their bags in the above head lockers and people just being people I guess. 

I found my seat on the leftmost row and in the window seat, which wasn't great only because I tended to need to go to the bathroom during a 21 hours flight and I just hated waking people up. 

The row was empty when I slipped in and tucked my bag under the seat in front of me. I honestly hoped it stayed that way. Sure it was going to be a lonely trip if that were the case but at least I wouldn't be annoying people. I have a preference to just slip into the background and as I slipped my headphones in, connecting the cord to my ipod that was my ideal plan. 

I felt the plane take off as if it were nothing, I felt so numb I didn't even need to worry about the possibility of my inanimate death 1,000s of feet in the air. Concealed in a metal tube. The fact just didn't even cross my mind. It was nice to undo my seatbelt once the plane was stable, the clouds looked so far away. Even the Sydney Harbour Bridge looked like a squiggle drawn into the horizon by a twelve year old. Luke would've been even smaller and more pointless to me. He was long gone now. The thought tugged painfully at my chest and I closed my eyes, trying to forget about it when I felt an awkward tap on my shoulder. 

I opened my eyes, not entirely impressed. I hated, I mean hated being tapped. I wasn't a bell don't expect me to ring, so why the tap? 

"Hi." I greeted, looking at the two girls in front of me. I couldn't tell how old they were. The age could've been anywhere from 11-14 but really, who knew these days....

"It's Bailey isn't it?!" The girl dove straight in, not saying hello or even telling me who it was. That kinda peeved me a little but hey, I'll get over it. 

"Yeah..." I replied with a smile, slipping my other earbud out of my ear in an effort to be polite. 

"You go out with Luke Hemmings don't you?" The other girl stated, it wasn't really a question, considering she already knew the answer to the question.