Epilogue-Bailey

"If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the make-up running down (my) face

And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

And forget about the stupid little things

Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you

And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all"

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

BAILEY POV

Stepping off the plane was distressing to say the least. It was sinking in with each and every step that I took that I was far away. So very far away from everything and everyone that I knew. I didn't know if I was ready to accept the fact that this was the best choice. Half of me was saying that it was and the other half was begging me to get my ass back home and curl up on the couch with Luke, a warm blanket enveloping the both of us perfectly.

Taking a deep breath I took a left towards the Heathrow baggage claim the sound of chatter and people being reunited with their loved ones around me. But, there was no one here for me.  I saw my bag coming towards me and within a few quick movements I'd hurled the weight of the large black wheeling bag up and over the conveyer belt. I was exhausted, jet lag consuming my brain. Traveling and destroying every rational thought I had left.

Taxi

Hotel

I needed somewhere to stay for the night. Check in to school wasn't until tomorrow and I needed a place to stay tonight considering it was already 1am. I was working on a tight budget as well so anything close to the Airport would have to do.

I dragged the bag, ignoring the looks from people around me as they questioned why a 18 year old had no one with her. Wait that was a lie, I'm not 18 for another couple of months. It was February now, my birthday was in April. So I had a little while longer to wait. The air was crisp and cold outside, a harsh transition to what it was like in Australia at the moment. The shorts and t-shirt I was currently wearing were totally useless against the wailing wind. I stood in the line waiting for a taxi for about 20 minutes. 20 minutes too long. By the time the vehicle pulled in my teeth were chattering and goose bumps had sprouted on every inch of my skin.

The man in the car helped me put my bag into the boot of the car, I smiled as I slipped into the back seat.

"To the closest Hotel please. Cheapish if at all possible." I said politely, pressing my hands up against the heat vents in the car.

"You come from Australia?" The bald driver asked with a strong English accent as he pulled away from the curb.

"Yeah." I smiled, even though he couldn't see it in the dark.

The drive was about 10 minutes long. 10 minutes of silence and missing Luke. Jesus I sounded pathetic. I need to grow a back bone, I'll blame the jetlag. Always blame the jetlag.

The hotel was fine, acceptable and clean. The clerk at the desk wasn't too impressed on an arrival at 1am. But then again who would be? I know I wouldn't.

I dragged my bag up a flight of stairs, apparently the lift was broken. Took a left and counted each yellow door until I found 15a. The key I was given was a literal key, I had to twist and pull the key to get it to open the door. It was a struggle and the frustration was beginning to build. Eventually the door clicked and a small single bed, bathroom and awkward desk was exposed to me. Just what I needed, no more no less. Closing the door I locked it firmly closed, turning the lights on. I dragged the bag over to the end of the bed and sunk down into the mattress.

Sighing, I unzipped the bag. The top fell back to reveal a stack of clothes, shoes and an array of other items that I couldn't part with.

But there was one thing that I hadn't pack sitting on the top of something else I couldn't remember packing.

A single white envelope

sitting on top of a burgundy hooded jumper.

I reached down to pick up the letter, turning it over to see my name written on the front in Luke's curling writing.

Bailey  

The one word stared up at me in black curling writing in the very centre of the small rectangle envelope.

I stared at it, my heart beat drumming to life in my ears.

I opened it, my eyes dancing over the page

and that's when the tears began to fall

-To be continued-