Chapter 4:)

I threw the glass french doors open and slammed them shut behind me. I couldn't believe I was already angry and it was only 10:30 in the morning. I sighed, filling my lungs up with fresh Los Angeles air. I closed my eyes and laid my head back on the glass, taking in the silence and bullshit free atmosphere.

I opened my eyes and slowly walked away from the door. I didn't exactly know where I was going or what I wanted to do, but the property was big enough so I'm sure I would find a corner somewhere to cry in. I passed the pool on my right, the water was a deep blue colour, mirroring the shade of the dark blue tiles. Morning light bounced off the water making it look inviting. I decided then and there that I would be going for a swim this afternoon.

I followed the path around the pool and down some stairs that where leading me to a small, box like building. Curiosity got the better of me as I made my way through the dense green palm leaves towards the door. The gravel of the path hurt my bare feet as I hopped across the entrance, landing thankfully on the little mat that sat outside the heavy looking wooden door. I held my breath as my fingers made their way to the handle, turning gently. To my surprise the door opened easily.

I entered the room to find a studio. It wasn't that surprising considering the guys that where living here at the moment. There where several guitars, a drum kit and several bass guitars lying about the single room. Off to the corner was a recording booth that was completely empty except for a single microphone stand that was microphonless.

I continued my investigation, finding nothing of interest. My adventure had turned out to be not very adventurous at all. Damn.

END POV

LUKE POV

"Dude what the hell?!" Ashton exclaimed as Bailey huffed her way out of the house. I continued to glare at her back as she began walking away until she was out of sight, her body disapearing down towards the studio.

"It's a long story." I snapped, bringing my attention to the bowl of crunchy nut that sat uneaten in front of me. It must've been Bai's...

"Well I'm not going anywhere." Ashton pointed out as his arms gestured to the rest of the room.

Everyone else had remaind silent while this whole event happened. I didn't feel like spilling my issues to everyone. Especially Mikaela, her and Bai where as thick as thieves whatever I said I knew would be replayed back to her within the hour.

"Upstairs." I hissed under my breath as I began walking away from everybody else. I took the wooden stairs two at a time hands jammed firmly in my pockets.

I reached my room and went in quickly followed by Ashton who closed and locked the door behind him.

"What did you do?" He asked as I flopped like a piece of jelly onto my bed. I sent him a withering look.

"What makes you think that I did anything?" I questioned emphasising the 'I'.

Ashton gaves me a "you can't be serious" look which only made me roll my eyes.

"Fine." I groaned as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"So I needed a drink and Bai was coming out of the bathroom and she looked really hot......." I trailled off opening my eyes, smiling slightly at the memory. I looked over at Ash who just waved his hands at me to continue.

"And.......I kind of kissed her. The she pushed me away and told me it was too early and basically said she didn't trust me. At all. " I finished playing nervously with my lip ring waiting for his response. When I retold the story it made me realise how irrational I was being. How we where both being. Yet, I was over playing this game. This constant running race to catch her, understand her again. I remember the times when I used to be able to read her like an open book. Now it was like she'd turned into a diamond guarded with a series of booby traps and lasers ready to zap me at any minute.