Part 6

Countless carriages of all sizes and colors filled the palace entrance. The most beautiful dresses and jewels Azrael had ever seen were worn by girls of Kingdoms, and Eramada's court. This wasn't just a ball. It was a competition of Kingdoms and Courts. All for the Azrael's hand. They were here for him. And his Kingdom.

Azrael stood on his bedroom balcony overlooking the front palace garden. Where the carriages were parked, and dresses flowing. The same balcony were the girl jumped. Azrael's grip grew tighter on the concreate balcony. The memory of that night flashed in his mind.

As he overlooked the garden being filled by carriages. The feeling of the girl jumping and running through the crysthanamums in the pitch black darkness still haunted him. The feeling of her eyes gazing upon him as she slashed his father's throat with the a kitchen blade. Her crystal blue eyes laid upon him. It sent shivers down his spine. 

He wished he chased her. He deeply regretted it. The flowing of her raven black hair. The shining of her broches. The ripped blue dress. He hated it. Like his heart had been cracked in half. Like the memory of his father had been lost in his mind.

The shimmer of gold and sliver shone throughout the place. People were chatting and talking amongst themselves. 

Spread throughout the ballroom was 20 girls here to meet him. As they would stay in the castle until they would be sent home by the King. Until one remained. 

Azrael was informed, by the general. His daughter among them. That his ball had begun. The sun setting as the King glanced into his bedroom mirror. The drawers and carpet were back to normal. The bed sheets were clean and wrapped tightly onto his bed. The sent of blood had been cleared and the carpet no evidence of the blood breadcrumb trail that ended at his bedroom. 

It had been so clean compared to 2 weeks ago. Where the castle was mayhem. Headless bodies on the marble floor. Screams as they shattered throughout the castle. His father's body laid sprawled and slumped from his throne. The King's cape sworn back together after it was slashed by the girls knife. He gazed once again into the mirror. Those dragon green eyes a symbol of his heritage, what he stood for. What he was to become.

Lights and chatter shone from outside the ballroom doors. The bookstands and guards armor stood upright compared to the trail of blood they left behind. The castle lit and covered with candles and chandlers. 

The image of the girl thrashed violently through his head. Of her running though the castle. Unleashing on the guards. The blood on her dress. He opened his green eyes trying to erase his memory of the girl. The quiet footsteps of her.

 He stood tall outside the ballroom doors. He brushed his suit as his shoulders lifted and held is chin high. The ballroom doors cracked open to reveal the grandest ball the country had ever witnessed. Azrael's heart bobbled in his throat as he exhaled and stepped into the ballroom.

"His Majesty Azrael Eramaden of Eramada"

The ballroom was filled with the sent of roses and fine wine. The chandler sparkling in the moonlight. Facing him were 15 tables vertically facing the dance floor. The middle and longest table was his. At the top of the table sat a gold and green throne. His throne. The hundreds of golden utensils were set upon the tables. Some knives similar to the blade the girl used. He breathed in the ballroom sent as tried to wipe his memory of her again.

His footsteps echoed throughout the ballroom was he made his way to the throne at the other end of the ballroom. The marble glistening in the moonlight.

Azrael walked forward to the center of the marble white dance floor. His green cape flowing behind him attached to his sliver arm pieces. The crowd went silent. They split to make way for him. Many bowing as they did so. There dresses and amour a symbol of where they sat in the court, and wealth. 

Many girls bowed with grace and elegance. A young women to his right went into a deep bow before she moved to make way for him. 

Her dress Azrael noticed went into a black laced plunged v neck. Her skin showing as she bowed. The girl straightened up after the bow. Both Azrael and the women locked eyes. Her lipstick as black as her dress. The sliver lace and beading on torso and waist dripped onto her the bottom black ballroom dress. Her blond hair tied back in many complexed nots and plaits. 

The women fluttered her eyelashes slightly and raised her chin. Revealing her eyes. Her brown eyes were as recognizable as the other girl's blue. It was Roselin. 

Azrael bowed his head at his childhood friend. Then Roselin moved to her right. Her brown eyes lit up as he continued his path to his throne.

Roselin was a grand duke's daughter in the court. She had lived in this castle as long as he had. They had many playable relationships throughout their childhood years. Now she wanted his hand and throne.

His footsteps echoed throughout the ballroom was he made his way to the throne at the other end of the ballroom. The marble glistening in the moonlight.

Azrael faced his people and his court.

"Tonight under the full white moon of Eramada, I shall meet my future wife. Shall she be Queen and rule by my side as we unite the rest of the continent together as one. As my father looks down upon us may he say 'Lets drink and dance until the yellow sun rises'," Azrael exclaimed. He looked at the moon above him. The moonlight hitting and lighting up his gold and diamond incrusted crown.

With that the ball started. The orchestra seated right handed corner of his throne started playing. 

And people began to dance.