Part 47

Azrael squinted as the sun-filled the room forcing his eyes open. He balled his hands into fists. His knuckles grazed across the silk she wore. Azrael flexed his muscles when he saw what was he was wrapped around. His arm rested on her waist as her head was placed between his shoulder and his chest, her right thigh rested on his left. Her hand gently pressed against his chest and her other arm underneath his shoulder that she slept on. A smile crept onto his face. Azrael blew a gust of air into her face. Her eyelashes fluttered. Her honeyed skin and freckles on the bridge of her nose and cheekbones crunched together as she buried her face deeper into his chest. His pectoral flexed as her face pressed into it. Azrael stroked her black hair intertwined in his fingers. The base of his fingers drifted across her forehead, and he poked her nose gently. Her soft breaths and heartbeat pulsated against his chest. Her jaw clenched then unclenched. Azrael wrapped his hand across her waist. Her hand clenched tightly onto his shoulder in return. Her sent grew on him. The vanilla node returned as she exhaled. His heart felt like stopping at that very moment.

Her eyes flicked open as she rubbed her face on his shoulder. Looking up at him Evelynn rested her head on his shoulder. His arm was placed on her waist and in her hair.

"Morning," He whispered, his low morning voice reverberating down her body. Evelynn shifted and placed her arm around his chest.

"Morning," Evelynn returned. Closing her heavy eyes again.

A curse left her sweet lips and Evelynn sat up. Azrael placed an arm out to comfort her and sat up. He placed a hand on her lower back. Stroking trying to comfort something he couldn't yet understand.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into him as her exposed upper back warmed his chest. The white shirt fell off his shoulders. Landing in the sheets. Evelynn looked up to him and smiled. "I'm okay," Her sweet voice mumbled a melody he wanted to be mumbled into his mouth. Turning around she wrapped her hips over his. The blue silk riding up her legs. The silk and his pants were separating their warm skin from one another. His hand cupped her face. Her hands entered his brown hair as she pulled him closer. Her nose tickled his neck. His veins filled with euphoria as she pressed her red lips onto his neck. Her hips pulled her closer to him. He placed his hands around her hips and mumbled little nothings into her ear. Then pressing his lips underneath her earlobe.

Their hearts clattered together as if their strings had finally been attached. The aching moments of craving for one another ended as they smiled pressed their lips onto each other's hot, red skin. The blood rushed to their faces as they shared passionate moments.

The brightest of smiles when they whisper "I love you," into each other's mouths.

The biggest bouquet flies across the ballroom as he wraps his lips over hers wearing white.

The tightest of hand-holding when delivering the greatest of gifts into the world.

The ugliest crying when one wears all black.

The heartstrings pulling tighter, the rope fragments unravelling the slightest.

He pulled his hand back as she turned her head to him, the thoughts ripped from his mind as he observed the pure worry and dismay on her face.

"We didn't did we?" Evelynn mumbled pulling her nightgown up to her chest more, her breasts shifting underneath the blue silk.

"Pardon? Evelynn speak up," Azrael rumbled as he ruffled his hair and sat up leaning against the bedframe. His white shirt was completely undone, moving further off the base of his shoulders. His thoughts clouded with a disarray of memories that haven't been etched into the very parts of time.

"We didn't have-" Evelynn spoke up and she stood up, running her hands through her hair, worry on her face.

"No," Azrael groaned understanding the worried words on her lips. He pulled up his shirt and buttoned a few. He threw the blankets back and stood up. He placed a pillow under his arm and started making the bed.

Worry continued to plaster her striking facial features. Her blue eyes flickered at him. Evelynn bit her cheeks. "Are you sure?"

Azrael huffed placing pillows against the bedhead. His honey-brown skin flexed the muscles in his arms. "Are you sore at all?"

Evelynn crossed her eyebrows. "No," She crossed her arms. She blinked trying to decipher what he meant, looking down at her bare feet for a brief moment.

"Well there is nothing on the floor that suggests this, neither of us are sore, the sheets are clean, and there are no marks of either of us. Problem solved," Azrael placed a hand in his unkept mocha brown hair. The small curls pulled as he ran his fingers through it.

Evelynn's eyes flickered to the tattoo peaking through his shirt. She removed her hand from her hair. She inhaled his scent. Lime, ivy and the return of the smell of white jasmine filled her lungs as she breathed in. She returned her gaze to him, with relief on her face, reassuring herself they didn't partake in Gods know what. Azrael pulled his hair back with a tie that was left on her bedside table. The small brown palm tree at the back of his head, in her view, as he made the bed. He glanced up to her, the white shirt sitting on his skin.

"Gods," Evelynn mumbled snickering. "Asshole,"

~

They trotted into the dense grasslands of the back of Hedor, their heavy bags a burden on both their backs.

"So what did you do with the other girls?" Evelynn asked pulling the bags attached to her horse tighter to prevent it shifting, then pulling the strap on her backpack tighter.

"Well I took Lisandra on a trip along the moon trail in West Samella," Azrael whistled back. Falling back next to her. His hair remained tied back in the brown palm tree. His entire jaw and cheekbones were visible to Evelynn.

Evelynn walked her horse next to Azrael as he continued, "Audria and I ventured to Preshia to her home," with a slight sudden change in a voice his voice tingled, "Soey plead to take her to Liva Wyth,"

"Classic, very romantic your style I see," Evelynn cracked back at him. Azrael scoffed in return reaching over her horse to nudge her. His gentle hands clasped on her back. "And weirdly both Vallie and Rylen were very uninterested when I took them away. Vallie to Oxillia and Rylen to Nixinia," Azrael said withdrawing his hand.

Evelynn smirked her face turned to the pale blue sky above them. The tall storks of grass tickling the horizon.

"What?" Azrael questioned, a toothy grin appearing on his face.

"Nothing," Evelynn answered staring at him. "So why venture to Kules, Kerton and Hedor with me on horseback?" She pulled her horse closer to his.

"It seemed fun," His joyful reply brought light to her dark bones.

"Fun? Your idea of fun is not showering for days on end," Evelynn smiled, her heart fluttering.

"But we had the beach for two days? Very salty if you ask me,"

"And sandy," Evelynn chuckled as her smile brightened Azrael turned a soft red.

"And I was going to take Marlin to the hills near the boarders of Eramada and The Court of Roslyn. But she disappeared," His voice and face became blank, almost empty.

A gaping hole grew in her heart. Evelynn's chest tightened as she gripped harder on her reins. "I know where Collin and Marlin went," The words slicing through the storks of grass and blue sky.

Azrael snapped his head back at her pulling at the reins, halting the movement of his horse.