Part 20

Evelynn clenched her jaw and pulled at her dress, stalking forward. Her face burning and body flustered as she continued to walk down the corridor to the stairway.  

She stormed though the castle. Her soft marble white dress swaying at her high heeled feet. Her blade rubbing against her thigh as it shifted in its holder. Her heels cracking on the stone as she swiftly walked into the common room of the west wing. nearl 4 weeks had past. Evelynn continuing to lie about her whereabouts at night, where she hailed from and who she really was. She jumped the last stair from her bedroom floor and met the girls in the common room. She greeted them with soft smiles and bows as she made her way out the door to the corridor of the west wing.

Less girls filled the common room. Still Evelynn hid the anxiety of being send home behind a sweet smile and nod of her head.

"Evelynn? Where are you going this time of night?"

Evelynn whipped around to the soft voice. Rylen stood there with her hands on her hips and looked Evelynn up and down. The concealer under her hazel eyes hiding the lack of sleep she was getting. Evelynn would catch her late at night after training with Marcus. She would stand look out the window of the west common room. Watching as the stars drifted across the dark midnight sky. Evelynn would watch her for a brief moment before clumsy climbing up the marble stairs to her bedroom floor. Swords and hood still attached. But it didn't steer Rylen. Evelynn was debating asking her if she wanted company. But her fatigue and tiredness after training kept her from asking night after night.

Evelynn brushed her marble white dress and replied clicking her heels together. "I am going to go to the library," Evelynn lied clenching her teeth waiting for the response. Rylen nodded and continued reading Evelynn's expression. Evelynn mumbled a yes under her breath and opened the door to the corridor.

"Don't be back too late," Rylen replied. She closed the door behind her and quietly stepped down the hallway, exhaling heavily as she saw the door to the south wing, Evelynn began to walk as quietly as her feet would let her. Not wanting to wake the south wing common room. Where she suspected that Lisandra, Marlin, Praxis and Solar, slept.

Evelynn took off her shoes and slipped them behind a bookcase. She grabbed her gloves and socks that where stored behind the bookcase and slipped them on her hands and bare feet. She shifted the dagger strapped to her thigh and pulled at her gloves. She tied her black hair up out of her crystal blue eyes. Evelynn pushed the bookcase back to its original position and waited.She silently tapped down the stairs. Memorizing the route. She turned a left and noted the number of doors. Evelynn hid behind a wall at the sound of a door unlocking. Evelynn heard a goodbye. It was a rough and broken voice. The male voice huffed a final goodbye and then the footsteps died off in the other direction.

Evelynn thanked the Gods. Then heard the door click again. She peered around the corner and looked down the corridor. The dim lit corridor, with the only light source two melting candles at the beginning of the stairwell up to the two way path. Right to the west and south wing common and bedrooms. And left was to the lower floor dinning rooms. Evelynn crept along the rest of the floor. Marking doors and bookcases.

Evelynn reached an archway on the 3rd floor. Marking it with a rub of her glove. A small grey archways stained the archway. Evelynn walked through the arch and met a circular floor. The large circular marbled floor met three passageways The one in front a opening to the Royal's bedrooms. The one to the left a opening to a second dinning room. One most likely suited to the Royals and Court . And to the right. The bedrooms of Evelynn marked the right opening, and walked along the courtrooms wing. The silver doors reflecting the moonlight from the drawn window at the end of the wing. Evelynn's heart was all she could hear. The silence welcoming her. She walked down to the very end of the wing. The closest room to the window greeted her. The moon lighting up her face she pulled a pin out of hair. Tweaking and twisting the pin in the lock until she heard a more welcoming noise of a faint click.

Evelynn placed the pin back in her raven hair and twisted the metal doorknob. The faint click of the twist on the doorknob made Evelynn's heart jump in her rib cage. Evelynn pushed the door open far enough that she could see the balcony of the room. Evelynn crept into the room. The white curtains drawn back. The small living room fire was dying out and the embers where flicking onto the stone. Evelynn inhaled a sharp breath and turned on the heel of her foot. She faced the bed. The silk sheets hovered wrapping itself over two bodies.

Evelynn filled with rage as she hovered over the two bodies sleeping beneath her. The withering man and his wife were sleeping soundly. She didn't have sympathy for the man. He had killed many of her people, and his own recklessly. Marcus luckily surviving his sadistic tactics. And he will not have a chance to do that again. Ever again she emphasized planning the deed. Marcus will not go to battle under his rule as general. The words echoing over and over in her head.

Evelynn un-buckled the blade to her thigh. She looked at the sleeping general and pulled his head back, Evelynn's hands intertwining in his grey hair as she wisped it, exposing his neck. Evelynn drew her knife and pressed it at the left corner of his bobbling throat, just under his ear. She pressed her knife into his throat swiping a 'c' across it. The red 'c' joining up on the other side of his throat.

The blood puddled on the silk sheets. 

She swiped the blade on the sheet. Cleaning it of the mans thick blood. She strapped it back onto her thigh and pulled her dress back over it. Hiding the weapon.

Evelynn leaned into the dead man's ear and whispered "Never ever again will you hurt my people, my kingdom and my friends. You dirty, cheating bastard," She looked up at the dying fire the embers trickling down the stones. "I am going to come out on top. So tell the rutting Gods that I am coming for them," She spoke sucking a tooth. "Never again," Evelynn stood up and looked out to the moonlight shining into the room by the open window. Evelynn walked to the window still and placed her gloves hands on the stone. And looked up to the stars."I am coming Eramada. And I heir to Athorila will make sure your armies will be dead before you even reach my beaches,"Evelynn smiled the promise to the stars. She tugged at her leather black gloves and jumped out of the window. Leaving a dark red mark of the general's blood on the window still off her gloves.