Part 32

Evelynn followed Lisandra and Rylen into the bleachers. The gargoyles and concrete statues hid them as they sat in red velvet chairs hidden behind the statues. The stainless glass windows reflected the setting sun through onto the white marble, beneath them.

"Where's Solar?" Rylen whispered. "She's supposed to be here. They said 4!"

"She's not late Rylen," Lisandra sighed. Evelynn felt the dread in her voice. Rylen shook her head in disbelief. "She's going home,"

"You don't know that," Evelynn croaked to Lisandra. "I- I didn't," Evelynn mumbled, she felt a heavy sensation within her stomach. Evelynn stood with her hands by her sides. She leant over the railings and gazed over the gargoyles, that hid them.

No. Evelynn tumbled back, onto the red velvet chairs. No. Evelynn covered her face with her hands.

She saw her figure. A bright lavender gown wrapped around her. Her dark braided hair was lapping at her waist. No.

Evelynn looked up at Lisandra, her face was glum as she placed her arms on the railings. No. Evelynn shook her head in disbelief. Evelynn faced Rylen. Her face was blank as she stared down at them. She clutched onto her dress.

Evelynn rested her hands on the red armrests and stared off into the artworks filled with Archangels and clouds. One with a sword impaling another, at the top of a white building lifting out of the clouds. The red Archangel angled its sword into the white archangel's stomach. The archangels roaring below them, clawing at them. The next artwork displayed the red Archangel on a throne of glass with its bloody sword at its side. The skulls of its enemies underneath its clothed feet. It was the winner. The one that came out on top.

Evelynn clutched her stomach. Guilt overwhelmed her. They will have to lose for me to win. Evelynn shook her head. I will have to win, for them to lose. I will win. She glanced back to Lisandra and the girls behind her. Rylen, Marlin, Audria, Roselin, Soey, Edith, and Vallie blankly stared at the girls on the marble ballroom floor awaiting their sentence.

And I shall win.

                                        ~

Azrael adjusted his posture, and straighten his back. The three girls had their focus on him. He studied them. Solar had her hands placed in front of her, occasionally glancing up to the bleachers to her left. He could feel their presence. Evelynn's.

He didn't want to made to be into the villain, but to many he was. He did cruel things, some he thought should never talk to her about. Those whom his father ought to be an enemy too. He had to do this. For Eramada's sake.

                                            ~

Marlin caught Evelynn's gaze. Evelynn ruffled her dress and tangled her fingers into the ends of her hair. Evelynn heard Marlin whisper, "Are we still gonna....-" Vallie politely hushed her. Placing a long dark purple nail on her lips.

"Go where?" Audria whispered into Marlin's ear.

"Get out of here." Marlin paused looking down at him. Suggesting to Azrael. "We need a break, and you certainly invited if we go ahead with it," Marlin snickered.

Audria nodded and placed her hand on Marlin's leg. "I would love to," She chuckled. "I do too need a break," Marlin displayed a soft smile. "And a drink," Audria whispered as Azrael began talking. Marlin breaths shallowed, trying to hide her laugh.

                                       ~

Azrael coughed trying to get Skyden and Praxis' attention. They were looking up to the bleachers, trying to spot out a figure hidden behind the gargoyles. He could spot the worry on their faces. Shifting their heads trying to find Roselin. Azrael bit his cheek at the thought. Of them thinking in the slightest that she could save them. If she could do anything.