Part 66

The doors flung open, the wind blowing through the empty ballroom. The gore of the knight's clung onto her midnight blue and silver amour as she stalked in. They had tied her arms behind her back, and this time Evelynn didn't resist. The hooded figures forced her forward. Her armoured boots maintained a grip on the peal white tiles. She glanced up at the glass ceiling.

As the sun rose east, her army conquered the west. The wave of her army wiped the city clean across Eramada. The ambush aching into the night. As she walked towards the palace gates, the city alight with the burning flesh of self-righteous men, the rope tightened against her wrists as she tied it. Giving herself up; proving a point.

The midnight sky and stars lit up her face. Like the first time. She walked forward, her fingernails scraping across the rope she had tied herself with. A blank scowl grew across her face as she looked at the man in the seat. The man whom she loved. His broad shoulders were covered in a pale green cape that extended to his ankles. Atop his head was a gold crown with sapphires. He was armoured from head to toe in green and silver. His head and neck was the only part left unexposed. His legs were crossed and his arms were upon the armrests of the throne.

His dragon-green eyes looked down at her. His teeth ground together when he caught her stare. Stalking forward on a beautiful blue amour. Stained red with gore on the blue belts and metal covering her waist. The silver metal on her chest was covered with dried blood. Her eyes glowed with fury. Strains of her ebony black hair fell onto her face as a gust of wind ripped through the ballroom. Yet she stared with fury in her eyes, right into his soul.

Evelynn clenched her jaw and raised her chin. He kept his eyes on her.

"You pledged to kill everyone in his wretched Kingdom. A year ago" He breathed in sprawling on his throne.

"And I don't break my promises do I Azrael" Evelynn puckered. Taking another step forward, the rope fell to the floor as she placed her hand on the hilt of her sword.

"3 months ago we met on the battlefield." Azrael sat up straight on his throne.

Evelynn snarled back at him "14 months ago I met you Azrael," Her voice rang like a scream in his ears as she said his name. An insult on her lips. "Now we meet here again."

Time wilted away as walked towards each other. Slowly Evelynn grew closer to him, her blade held out beside her, twisting her wrist making the sword glitter.

Azrael stood from his throne pulling a sword from his belt. Walking forward towards Evelynn.

"Now we meet again." He said raising a blade.

Azrael clashed his sword with hers.

The blades clashed. Sending vibrations down both of their arms. Evelynn shot back balancing on her left foot as she threw her unarmed fist into Azrael's jaw. Azrael clenched her fist in his hand and twisted her arm. Their swords clashed above. Evelynn cross-swiped her knee up to his gut. Azrael flung her away from him. Panting Azrael drew another blade from his belt. Gritting his teeth he threw himself at her.

Evelynn threw her blue cape back as she drew a small dagger strapped to her thigh. She looked at him. The empty ballroom echoed their thoughts. She scoffed as she ran to Azrael. She collided her sword with his.

She swiped sideways avoiding his attempt to impale her. She thrust her dagger into an unprotected part of Azrael's chest. The clatter of metal on metal. She cussed. She tried again for his arm. The anger glowing in his eyes. Azrael clenched his jaw and held his place. The blood dripped from his arm underneath his armour. Puddling on the end of his hand.

Evelynn threw another of her daggers at him. It shot past his head and embedded its blade onto his throne. The blue hilt glittering.

Evelynn ground her teeth as he lungs cried in pain. Her heart ached as he stood before him. Thoughts ran through her mind like unbroken stallions across the plains. Her sharp breaths provided a moment of peace before her eyes drew back to him.