Part 21

Azrael unlocked the door to Roselin's room. She was seated on the pink lounge chair watching the fire crackle in her fireplace. Her blonde hair braided back exposing her marked neck. The oval marks of pinks and purple. Scattered across her jaw and sides of her neck.Azrael looked at them remembering the times he put them there on her. The clouded alcoholic fog the covered them both as they teased one other. But then Azrael halted. He remembered pushing Roselin away before they would go to far. Do something he would regret.

"What would happen if we did it?" Azrael whispered pulling his lips off Roselin's neck. Roselin kissed Azrael's neck in return.

"You would love it," She emphasized whispering into his skin. "Please?" She begged, dragging her teeth gently across his neck.

"No" Azrael's voice became stern. 

He removed his hands of Roselin's hips. And unwrapped her legs of his. Roselin pouting the entire time. Azrael remembered tugging on his shirt and boots, as he tried to gain the sober courage walking out the door. Roselin gawking at him as he walked out. Her unzipped dress at the end of her shoulders, longing for Azrael's hands again.

But it wasn't his lips on her neck this time. Roselin still oblivious to his presence. A tug on his heart and a small crack appeared. He continued to look at the hicky marks on her neck. Roselin snapped out of her thoughts and jumped up hiding her marked neck with her hair as best she could. Her eyes wide and full of shock.

Azrael stepped forward towards her. He bit his tongue and unclenched his fists which unknowingly clenched as he stood in the doorframe looking at her bruised neck. Azrael's heart beat in his throat, his voice breaking he spoke calmly as he's wobbling voice could be, 

"Don't play me,"

Roselin stepped forward towards him and tried to reach out to him. Her beautiful features still shocked at his to calm presence.

"I-I, wait what?" She stumbled.

"Don't play me Roselin," Azrael repeated. "I thought you're smarter than that," Azrael voice became sterner. Angrier.

"Wait I can explain" Roselin pleaded.

"The hickies speak for themselves," He threw back at her. "How long has it being going on?" Azrael questioned standing up straight. Hands by his sides. Looking down upon her. Roselin continued to look up at him. "How long had it been going on?" Azrael yelled slamming his hand on the pink lounge. "How long?" He pleaded, his heart breaking.

"6 months," Roselin whispered.

"6 months? 6 rutting months!" Azrael exclaimed. He swore under his breath.

"So that night you wanted to sleep with me? You were already sleeping with another" He questioned. "Why"

"I'm sorry," Roselin gritted through her teeth.

"No you're not" Azrael snapped.

"You be crawling back to me again. Time after time you will Azrael. Cause I am the only one who will ever love you. The rest.." She pointed towards the door. "Are only here for the title and rich life it brings!"

"No" Azrael whispered. Roselin hummed a response. "I said no!"

"I will not come crawling back because you cheat on me. Lie and lie. Time after time. You take advantage of me Roselin. Because unlike you I want a real relationship not a hit and miss fling. So no I will not come back to you again." Azrael voice broke.

"You may be strong on the battlefield Az.." Roselin calmly spoke.

"-Don't call me that!" Azrael argued. A kingly tone in his broken voice.

"Az you are not strong. You need me. I will help you. You can't do this Kingship on your own." Roselin smiled. Her full lips breaking into a smile bearing her white teeth. "Az" She held her arms out in front of her. Azrael held his place and refused to console with her.

"Goodbye Roselin," Azrael huffed. Turning towards the door.

Roselin's green eyes stared holes in the back of his head as Azrael walked towards the door. The door clicked open. Gripping tightly onto the handle he faced Roselin. "Goodbye Roselin," Roselin crossed her arms and stood with her legs apart.

"I love you Azrael," She said tilting her head to the side.

"No you don't," Areal huffed. He opened the door and closed the door behind him.

Azrael leant on the closed door and put his head in his hands. His crown tilting forward. Azrael inhaled heavily trying to clear his mind. He stood up, and heartbroken walked away from Roselin. Azrael felt a presence. He didn't know if it was his longing imagination of his father or a presence of a broken memory. He just felt something. Like someone was there hiding behind the wall. He shrugged the unknown feeling off and walked back to the circular archway and into his room. His footsteps dying out the sound of his tears.