Part 45

They galloped along the yellow sand. The salt flying off the hooves of the horses. Azrael and Evelynn galloped across the beach. Their hair flying in the wind. The screams of the wind echoing through their ears. Evelynn leaned forward trying to bet Azrael. Pulling her horse into the wet sand. Its feet splashing across the water. Azrael turned around the wind kissing his face as he saw Evelynn lower the reins and lean forward. She glanced at him and Azrael grinned. He pulled the reins on his horse tightly and it fell back near Evelynn. The water flying up in Evelynn's face as the horse's hooves made contact with the salty water. Evelynn placed her head on the withers of the horse and turned to Azrael.

Azrael glanced at her blue eyes before she shut them abruptly as water sparked into her face once more. A slight chuckled was grasped from her lips. Azrael grew red as they chased each other along the beach.

                                                                ~

The water lapped at their feet. Azrael placed his hand in the sand and rubbed his fingers together. The grains of sand falling out of his calloused fingers. He watched her play in the sand. The water lapping her mid-thighs.

"Look," Evelynn exclaimed. Picking up a shell in the sand, flipping it so it could land in the sand near him. Azrael swiftly caught the shell in his palm. He opened his palm and saw the small shell. The blues and purples melting into the inside stopping at the ventral margin of the small shell. The pallial line is bright orange. Azrael clutched it in his hand.

Evelynn watched the waves crash on the sand, then rise to lap her legs. Evelynn rose onto her feet and walked out into the waves.

Azrael looked up from his hand. The seashell clutched in it and saw Evelynn. Standing amid the waves, bobbing up and down. Evelynn saw him and lifted a hand. A mire gesture to him. Azrael stood up and took off his shirt. His muscles flexing as the warm afternoon sun hit his honeyed skin.

His bare feet sank into the wet sand after every step deeper into the waves. He reached out his hand to Evelynn. Her black hair stuck to the back of her neck. Evelynn grasped his hand and ducked under the wave, pulling him down. Azrael held his breath as she disappeared underneath the cold water.

                                                             ~

They walked along the beach, hand in hand. Their wet clothing dripping on the dry sand. Azrael stared at Evelynn. His eyes dipping to the black shirt that clung to her body. The rope off her corset was visible from the hem of her shirt.

"You realize you don't have to wear that," Azrael carefully remarked. Observing her face. Her eyes drifted to him and looked down on herself. The rope of her corset hanging over the left side of her hip. She tucked it away with her free right hand and kept on walking. Adding on Azrael turned to her grab her hips. Evelynn faced him and placed her hands on his. Trying to get him to let go. "I want you to feel comfortable around me Evelynn," Her name on his lips sending vibrations down her spine. "You don't need to wear these," His hand drifted up to her waist then knocked on the side, the rattle of the corset from underneath her shirt. Evelynn raised her hand from her hip. His touch lingering on her waist.

"I wear it so my breasts don't ache," Evelynn mumbled throwing his hands off her. Azrael placed them on her shoulders gently holding her.

Azrael smiled softly. "Okay," Trying not to glance at her visible breasts held up by the corset. His throat bobbled slightly.

Evelynn eyes lowered from his face to his broad muscular shoulders. She pressed her lips together firmly and shoved him. Azrael fell over onto the sand.