Lose It PT 2

After Billy basically told you to stay away from him, you found yourself outside his front door.

You weren't going to let him just brush you aside. He can't treat people like that.

You pounded against the door then took a step back, placing your hands back in your pockets.

Billy swung open the door, and as soon as he saw you, he furrowed his eyebrows. You could see that he'd been working out from the sweat on his forehead and the damp marks on his shirt.

"What the hell are you doing here, L/N?" He asked, you stepped past him, into his house without invitation and glowered at the boy.

"What am I doing here? I'm here because you can't just treat people like shit." As you entered, you saw Billy's face change.

"You can't be here. You need to leave." Billy grabbed you by the arm but you mimicked his actions from earlier and pulled your arm away sharply.

"No––" You were cut off by Billy, grasping you successfully this time.

"––Hey! What did I say?!" He started pulling you towards the door and then you heard an older man's voice yell over.

"Billy? Who is it?" He asked, Billy heard his footsteps approaching and quickly released your arm and taking hold of the door handle but before he could open it, his dad entered the room. "Billy." He called his son's name and you watched Billy's jaw clench and his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed. "Who's this?" He asked, gesturing to you.

"She's just leaving." Billy opened the door but you kept your eyes on his father.

"I didn't ask where she was going, I asked for her name." His dad's tone tensed, and you felt the need to introduce yourself.

"I'm Y/N, a friend from school." You offered your hand and the man shook it with a strong grip.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I didn't realise Billy had any friends from school." He said, only partially joking so you felt the need to force a smile.

"Neil, who is it?" A young red-headed woman walked in whom you assumed to be Max's mother.

"Y/N, a friend from school." The man repeated what you initially said, all the while, Billy stayed completely silent behind you.

"How lovely to meet you, why don't you stay for dinner?" The woman asked politely,

"No, she––"Billy went to interrupted but his dad was quick to stop him.

"Susan didn't ask you." He raised his voice which made you feel more than uncomfortable.

"I'd love to, thank you, Mrs. Hargrove." You chirped up, trying to diffuse the tension between the two men.

"Please, call me Susan." She said, smiling timidly. Billy's dad was still glaring at him but asked you to call him Neil then told Billy to get in the shower as dinner would be ready soon.

You removed your varsity jacket, draping it over your arms and then Max entered the room. She paused, shuffling on her feet as her eyes darted between you and her parents then she turned and retreated to her bedroom.

You followed her mother into the kitchen and offered to lay the table.

"So, how are you liking Hawkins?" You asked them, trying to make conversation.

"We're dealing. It's different to what we're used to but we wanted a fresh start." Susan told you with a smile as you took the plates from her.

"Well, it took me and my family a little while to get used to Hawkins, ourselves but trust me, it's a great place to live." You tried your hardest to be as polite as you could, you didn't want to bash the town that they just moved to.