Sweater Stealer

Dacre was running late. He'd gone to the library after his Sociology lecture to try and work on his creative writing essay that was due Monday, but he lost track of time and ended up spending way too long staring at his laptop, willing the words to write themselves. He dropped by a ramen restaurant on the way back to the apartment he shared with Y/N to pick up dinner for them, knowing Y/N probably forgot to go grocery shopping on her way back from work. By the time he had shuffled up the three flights of stairs and managed to open the door, carefully manoeuvring the bags of food around so he wouldn't drop Y/N's rice all over the hallway carpet again , it was nearing 8.

The door creaked open to the apartment's tiny living area where Y/N was lounging on the couch watching The Witcher (Ellie had been pestering her to watch it for weeks ) in nothing but a hoodie, pair of underwear, and some socks. Her long, pale legs took up the majority of the couch, socked feet dangling off the edge. When she heard the door, she turned her head lazily towards where Dacre was standing in the doorway, arms full of takeout bags. Y/N got up to help her roommate set the food down on their small dining table and divide the portions.

"Uhh, is that.. My sweatshirt?"

Y/N looked down at the red hoodie, large letters spelling "ECU" across the front.

"... No?" Y/N muttered out. An obvious lie because the hoodie was about two sizes too big, falling to mid-thigh. Because yeah, maybe Y/N was the nearly the same high at Dacre, he definitely outstretched his clothes since high school. Not only did his body grow into his personality, his looks where definitely taking affect on Y/N and other girls on Campus on lonely nights.

"Bullshit, N/N," Billy said with a smirk, "last time I checked, you didn't go to Edith Cowan." He could definitely get used to the way Y/N looked in his clothes, started imagining her in one of his Mötley Crüe shirts and nothing else. And woah , okay, maybe he shouldn't be thinking about that right now while he was still in the loose sweatpants he had worn to class.

"Fine, it's yours," Y/N grumbled, face flushing, "I was cold, and it was lying on the coffee table." And maybe that wasn't exactly true, but Y/N wasn't too keen on telling her totally platonic roommate/childhood friend that she snuck into his room to get it just because she missed the blond, missed the way his cologne smelled, missed the way Dacre made her feel safe.

Dacre looked down at Y/N's bare legs, covered only in the moles marking them. His eyes tracked the dots up to where they disappeared under the hem of his hoodie. "Yeah... cold. And you didn't think to put pants on?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Fuck off." Y/N grabbed her ramen and shuffled back to the couch, setting her food on the coffee table and sitting cross legged on the couch before unpausing the TV. Dacre chuckled before following suit.

They watched a few more episodes, empty bowls discarded in the sink. Dacre ended up with his head in Y/N's lap somewhere along the way, cheek pillowed on her milky thighs. He had half a mind to fall asleep there, but eventually got up and went through his night time routine in a sleepy haze, collapsed on his bed and fell asleep almost instantly. 

Y/N had stayed up for another hour or so, texting her brother about everything and nothing. Eventually, she moved to her bedroom, alternating between scrolling through Twitter and Instagram until she finally fell asleep, still wrapped up in Dacre's sweatshirt.

~ ~ ~ ~

Y/N had woken up early for a Saturday. Usually she slept in until at least 11 on days when she wasn't needed at the shop she worked at. Dacre was already gone on his morning run. Y/N slipped her way into the small kitchen to make breakfast for Dacre and herself, still wearing the blonde's hoodie and a tiny pair of shorts she had been sleeping in. Rummaging around the cabinets, she found a box of Bisquick. God she really did need to go grocery shopping soon.

Just as Y/N was leaning over the sink finishing up some dishes, completely unaware that her ass was on full view, the front door opened to a sweaty Dacre wearing a pair of basketball shorts slung low on his waist. He grabbed a glass and moved to the sink to get some water. He pressed up against Y/N's ass, reaching around to turn the tap on, backing away when his cup was full. God it felt nice to have Dacre pushed up against her like that.

"Shit N/N, wearing my hoodie again ? And you made me breakfast?" Dacre grinned, his accent making Y/N flustered (even though they both have aussie accents), "Gotta say, you look pretty good in my clothes."

"Stop teasing me" Y/N whined, "you don't even deserve the pancakes I made you." She kept her eyes glued to the tile flooring as she carried the plates of pancakes to the table.

Now or never, Dacre figured as he took a seat. "Hey, who said I was teasing? I've literally been dropping hints to you since high school."

Well, now Y/N was just confused. They had been friends since Diapers, and she assumed that he had a crush on Mindy Gallavich since the 2nd grade. Y/N has subconsciously started chewing on the drawstrings of the hoodie, deep in thought. Dacre broke her concentration by gently pulling the strings out of her mouth.

"Wait, did you seriously not know? I thought you were just letting me down gently," Billy said, "N/N, I flirted with you any chance I got. When I called you 'little Thornbill,' it wasn't a joke."

"Oh."

Y/N had a shy smile on her face when she finally met Dacre's eyes. "Does this mean I get to steal more of your clothes in Public?" she asked sheepishly, she already wore his coat to her classes when the Sydney air was to cold and he didn't have any.

"Come 'ere," Dacre said, gesturing for the girl to come forward. Once Y/N was within reaching distance, Dacre pulled her down onto his lap, "Y/N, you could steal my identity and I probably wouldn't even get mad."

Y/N laughed into Dacre's neck, "I don't think I'll go that far. But I did see a Metallica shirt of yours that looked pretty comfy. Hey, what does this make us?"

"We can be whatever you want, baby," Dacre sighed. Okay , Y/N really liked that. She never wanted Billy to call him by her real name again.

"Boyfriend and Girlfriend?"

Dacre nipped at her earlobe and sighed out, "mmh, sounds good to me, baby." His hand snaked up under the hoodie to splay across Y/N's waist.

Y/N pushed back so she could look Dacre in the eyes. She kept the eye contact for a minute before finally leaning in for a kiss. It was sweet, short, only lasted a few seconds before Dacre was pulling away.

"Wanna fuck you in my hoodie one of these days, Little Thornbill."

"Jesus Christ," Y/N scoffed and slapped her boyfriend's chest, "way to ruin the mood." She laughed as she got up and moved to the other chair, starting in on her stack of pancakes. She looked up to see Dacre staring at her fondly, a small smile playing on his lips. "What?"

"Nothing, my girlfriend just looks really good in my clothes. Gotta let everyone know you're mine," Billy grinned, laughing when Y/N flings some syrup