muse

Dacre Montgomery. Everyone knows who he is. He's one of the top students at this college, along with myself. He's the most gorgeous guy I've ever seen in my life with his light brown hair that's usually slicked back, ocean blue eyes that I could get lost in for ages and pink lips that look so soft .

No one knows this, not even my little group of friends I have, know that he's been my muse ever since I saw him on the first day of classes.

I'm sat in my Art History class as the professor explains something from the textbook we're using. My sketchbook was open and I found myself working on the unfinished drawing of Dacre. Luckily, I'm sat at a table by myself so no one else could see what I'm doing.

The other students never found it odd that I was constantly drawing. I'm a bit shy, so I don't really talk to anyone, except to the people I absolutely have to speak to. A part of me hates being so shy because there were countless times I wanted to ask Dacre if he would be my subject for a drawing class I was in last semester, but I never had the courage to ask him. That was when I began drawing him from afar.

"Ms. L/N?!" Professor Blanche basically yells and I get snapped out of my thoughts, lifting my head up to see him and every student looking at me.

"Y-Yes, sir?" I timidly ask and feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"What's the answer to number 3 from the assignment?" He asks me and I quickly grab the sheet, looking at the answer I wrote down before telling him. "Very good. For the love of God, please pay attention."

I nod my head quickly before looking at the sheet that sits in front of me, not even wanting to finish the class. I can feel my skin flare up, hiding my face behind my hair as I close my sketchbook and tucks it into my bag.

After staring at my worksheet for a few minutes and the professor finishing going over everything, I pick my head up to see Dacre's eyes on me. My breath hitches in my throat, averting my eyes to somewhere else in the room. My cheeks flush once again, probably looking like a tomato.

"Alright, that's all for today. I'll see you on Monday. Don't forget about the Art Exhibit this weekend and if you have some work you wanna enter, the deadline is due tomorrow afternoon!" Professor Blanche tells everyone as we all pack up.

"Shit. I need to get mine finished," I mumble to myself as I rush to get all my things in my bag before running out of the classroom, heading towards the art studio.

-

I stare at the black dress that hangs from my closet door. My roommate had convinced me that I should dress up a little bit since it's a semi-formal event. A sigh leaves my lips and I take it down from the hanger, draping it over my bed as I begin to undress from the clothes I wore today.

My eyes look over myself in the mirror, seeing the black fabric hug in all the right places and the dress ends a few inches above my knees.

Carly knocks on my door and I invite her in, the pinkette peeking her head through the crack. "Oh my god, Y/N! You look incredibly gorgeous," she squeals and comes into the room completely, shutting my door behind her.

"I can't believe I'm actually gonna agree with you," I chuckle softly while running my hands down my dress. "You're coming tonight right?"

She laughs and nods her head. "Yeah, of course. I put a couple of pieces into the show and plus, gotta check out some others," Carly winks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm lucky enough I got mine finished in time. I've been so distracted lately that I totally forgot," I mention to her and a smirk comes to her lips.