Lose It PT 1

You had always been good at reading people, it was probably why you didn't have many friends. You were too good at calling out their bullshit.

Billy Hargrove, the new kid, took your attention immediately. It was similar with all the other girls in the school considering the fact that the boy was a god walking but you didn't notice him because of his looks but for something else entirely.

You closed your locker, as Billy approached his own which was fortunately right beside yours.

You leant on it, holding your books to your chest and smirking at the boy.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked, flinging open his locker with an unhappy look plastered on his face.

"The janitor behind you." You replied with sarcasm, and the boy just ignored the comment. You could tell that something must've have happened at home because a comment like that would usually get a sassy remark thrown back at you. "What's up?" You asked, shifting so your whole back was against your locker.

"Nothing." The boy closed his locker and started to strut down the hall. You swiftly followed him.

You looked up at him; his head cocked upwards, a cigarette tucked behind his ear and his face had his usual 'I don't care' look but you knew that something was definitely up.

"Billy." You reached out, touching his arm to stop him from strutting off but Billy sharply withdrew his arm and snapped his head towards you.

"Piss off, L/N." He hissed before storming off, placing the cigarette between his lips.

You groaned, rolling your eyes and falling back against the wall beside you.

Later that day, you were outside the school for lunch.

You leant up against the wall, with your hands in the pockets of your – you picked off the logo stitching so the jocks got off your back for supporting another school but in reality you just liked the dark colours of the jacket.

You watched Billy from afar and you knew that he was secretly watching you too.

Billy only obviously looked your way when Steve passed you and you smiled and greeted him. Then, when you saw that Billy was staring directly at you, you pushed yourself off the wall with your foot and ran your hand through you hair, turning as if you were to go back inside the school.

That's the exact moment someone walked into Billy, triggering all the pent up anger he had in him that day.

You rushed towards the scene as some guys were pulling Billy off the poor kid.

Billy shoved the boys who pulled him off backwards and spat out some blood to which the kid obviously good one good punch in. He straightened his leather jacket and pushed back his hair, before rushing inside to the practically empty halls.

You chased him, staring at him with disbelief. It wasn't unusual for Billy to be aggressive but all the kid did was accidentally run into him.

"Hey! Hey! Wait!" You called after Billy as he strutted ahead,

"Leave me alone, L/N." Billy warned you as you caught up with him,

"Don't call me L/N, I'm not one of your boys." You stood in front of him, blocking his path.

"No, you're not and you're not my girl either so quit following me around." Billy pushed past you, and you felt a wave of anger hit you.

"Oh, screw you, Billy." You said. Billy stopped stepping back a couple steps before turning to face you, bushing his thumb under his nose.

"What'd you just say to me?" Billy asked, his voice low and eyebrows raised.

"Quit the tough act, Billy, I can see right through your bullshit." You folded your arms across your chest, glaring up at the boy.

"You don't know me." Billy shook his head slightly, then started to walk away from you again.

"Oh, I know you alright. You put on this tough bad boy exterior because you aren't as chill and in control as you pretend to be and you want to run the school because you want to know you're good enough. You just want to be good enough. It's just an act, it's just bullshit." You threw your hands up in the air, scoffing at him. This was usually about the time that you lost your friends since you let the truth slip.

Billy took several strides towards you very quickly and before you knew it, you were up against the lockers and his fist collided with the metal beside you head.

You didn't flinch or jump at the clanging noise or the low growl that was about to leave his mouth.

"Don't act like you know me because you have no idea." Billy's eyes were dangerous dark but you weren't affected by his threats.

"Then let me know you." You responded steadily, searching his eyes for a reaction.

Billy looked you up and down then dropped his arms from the lockers either side of you, backing away.

"You don't want to."