Five Years PT 1

Ten years. 

It had been ten years since you and your friends had found the stones and saved Angel Grove and ultimately the world. Five years you were the defenders of Earth in a sense, stopping any and all threats from other worlds that came against it. Five years that you gave up your normal lives to take care of other people, then the next generation rose and you were free.

When you gave up the stone to the next Green Ranger you were 22 years old. You stayed around and helped train everyone but once they didn't need you anymore. You left town and didn't look back.

Settling down in a small town in Maine had never been on your list of things to do, but that was before you met Caleb. He was nice, normal and had no idea of the horrors of the universe that you had seen. Something you craved. Dating for the longest time he had eventually asked you to marry him. So at 27 years old you were two months away from the wedding of your dreams and you couldn't of been happier.

Standing in the kitchen, you nodded your head to the classic rock song that was softly playing on the radio. Dinner was on the stove and you were looking over the paperwork from your legal job that you had been at for two years. A new client was in trouble and you were coming up with ways to help that didn't involve him going to prison.

"Hey babe, someone is here to see you." Caleb said poking his head around the corner. "Says that he is an old friend of yours?"

Your hair popped up as your brow furrowed. No one really knew you were up here except your parents, and you didn't think they would give your information out. Not wanting to worry your fiancé you put a smile on your face and followed him.

You knew him even before he had turned around. Five years had gone by and he still looked just the same. Blonde hair that was a little longer than you remember, fell into his eyes. His stance was one that you had memorized inside and out so you could always know where you needed to be when he needed you. His crystal blue eyes still had that sparkle that you hadn't seen in forever.

Jason Scott was standing in your living room and you couldn't breath.

"Hey Y/N/N" He said softly with a smile. Caleb looked at you and at the smile you had as you shook your head.

"Jason Scott as I live and breath. Caleb this is a old friend Jason...Jason this is my fiancé Caleb." You said as you tried to calm your voice. Jason would only be here for one reason, and that reason wasn't a good one. Turning to Caleb you touched his arm.

"Honey I forgot a few things at the store, can you go grab them for me? I'll text you a list." You said praying he would do it without asking. Caleb nodded as he smiled.

"Yeah, I need to run there anyway for some stuff tomorrow." Thanking him you gave him a quick kiss and watched him leave as you listened for his car to drive away.

Walking further into your living room, you sat down on the couch and looked anywhere but at Jason. Meanwhile he never took his eyes off you. You had matured more since he saw you, your long hair was down to your waist now instead of the shoulder length that he was used to. Your body had gain more curves in all the right places that gave your teenage attitude some justice. You still continued to pick at your cuticles though, something that he learned long ago you did when you were nervous or stressed.

"Jason, why are you here?" You finally asked breaking the silence. The last time you saw him was the night that you guys finally let the new team take over. With a kiss and a goodbye he never saw you again.

"The kids are in trouble. They need our help." He said slowly.

The kids. That's what you called them because that's what they were. The youngest Ranger had been 15 when you found him, and it broke your heart. His childhood was gone, the days of not having a care in the world was no more.

"What are you talking about....they are fine." You said quietly even though you knew it wasn't true. As the years went by Alpha 5 became more advanced and he had started contacting you....but every time you ignored him. Eventually the tries stopped and you figured all was well, you thought wrong.

"Y/N, they are in serious trouble. This is something that's never been faced before and for some reason they aren't able to do this alone. Zordon thinks if we-"

"Zordon can go Fuck himself. " You said, voice raised, standing up with a huff as you started pacing the room. "We were part of his plan for five years. Five years we gave up our lives to the greater good Jason, social lives forgotten. We risked our lives for him too many times Jason. He promised us that we would be free finally...and now he wants us to just give up our lives and jump right back in?"

"Hey, hey look at me. I know your angry, I am too, but we are still Power Rangers Y/N and we still have a duty and obligation to help when we are needed." He said looking at you. Spinning around you crossed the distance between you.

"I am getting married in two months. Married to a man who is kind and loving and...and normal." You said. You noticed the look in his eyes and continued. "I left that part of me behind in Angel Grove the day we passed the stones over."

"Yeah I know, you left me along with it." The blonde man had said bitterly. You and Jason had become a thing and it continued through every battle, every hardship, ever memory. It was all Jason.

"I had to. I loved you Jason....but I couldn't have any part of that life with me anymore if I wanted to be happy. And I can't go back to it now. Not when I'm so close to being normal again." You whispered as you closed your eyes. Feeling hands wrap around yours, your E/C eyes opened and you looked into the blue ones that you had fell in love with .

"Y/N/N they need us. And we need you." Jason spoke softly as he reached up and wiped a tear away from your cheek. Shaking your head you backed away.

"I'm not that girl anymore Jason. I can't just drop everything in my life and go fight aliens again. I can't keep doing this. I'm not that girl from Angel grove that you fell in love with anymore" You said crossing your arms. "I'm sorry."

Sighing, Jason shook his head. "You know when you left I figured you would still always be that girl that I fell in love with. The girl that helped anyone in need, the girl who would put someone's life above her own. The girl who fought to be the Green Ranger and be the team that we had created. But I guess that person isn't here anymore."

"People change Jason." You said as you watched him walk towards the door. He opened it and stood there with his hand on the knob as he opened it.

"Yeah, I just never thought you would."