Chapter 18

ANNAS POV

I woke up Saturday morning at 2 pm. I had no clue where my roommates were. Maybe it was for the best. My hair looked as if it just went through a vicious hurricane. I slowly got up. I threw on a colourful purple top and a rose coloured skirt. My brushed yanked through my hair painfully. I put it carefully into two buns, and slipped on a chunky necklace. My feet automatically slipped into my plain black flats.

Usually on other weekends I would hang out with Rapunzel, but I didn't know where she was. Maybe she was with Kristof...

I shook my head. Thinking of my former crush was unhealthy. Clearly he had a thing for my cousin. I decided to head to the library. Ms. Hearts, my science teacher, had given us a lot of homework. Might as well get started on it.

Locking my door behind me, I headed for the direction of the library. Until a hand spun me around.

I was now facing Eric. His hand was on my back. making me face him.

After he had picked me up yesterday, I demanded he set me down. I even threatened to start screaming. He set me down, and I ran away. I had been successfully avoiding him since.

Until now. He ran a hand through his perfect hair. Wait, perfect? No. I could absolutely, positively, not think about his hair that way. Even if it was. Ugh!

"Hi there." Eric grinned at me. "You look pretty today."

My cheeks flamed up. This was not a good time to start blushing!

"What do you want Eric?" I snapped, trying to ignore the sudden butterflies in my stomach. He smirked.

"I'm here to take you out on our date!" He said enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going on a date with you!" I scoffed.

"You already promised." He laughed. "I asked you out, and you said yes, don't you remember?"

"In case you've forgotten, I've punched you. That was me taking back my acceptation!"

"Come on Anna!" He whined playfully. "You're breaking my heart over here!"

"Good." I huffed, and slipped out of his muscular arms. His muscular arms that also smelled good.

Did I really just think that?

"Wait up!" Eric grinned, jogging up to me. I ignored him and finally got to the library. He looked at the library and then at me.

"So we're having a study date?" He beamed at me. I balled my hands into fists.

"Can you not take a hint?" I groaned. "I'm here to get started on homework."

"I'll help!" He said determinedly.

I shook my head. "No you won't. You're going to go away and leave me alone."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I don't like you."

"If you don't like me, why are we still standing outside the library talking when you could've gone inside by now?"

I glared at him, and opened the doors. He followed me grinning. He was hard to get rid of. No wait. He was impossible to get rid of!

At least he was staying quiet. I pulled some books off the shelf about frogs. We were dissecting them in class. Ms. Hearts was a little bit too much enthusiastic about cutting off their heads. Needless to say, she was not one of my favourite teachers.

Finally, I had all the books on frogs as I could get. We had to write a 3 page essay on frogs, their internal organs (which grossed me out so much!) and their lifestyle. Didn't that suck? I thought it did. I sat down at one of the tables, and Eric joined me. I frowned at him, and he grinned back.