Chapter 31

BELLES POV

I walked through the doors of Pizza Planet during lunch. I sat down in one of the booths, and fiddled with my phone. Adam was calling me, yet again, and I refused to answer. I had ignored him in the past, but this was different. Ever since the thing happened during the break, I couldn't look him in the eye. I guess it was me who was the coward.

I watched the entrance of the pizzeria, and saw Peter walk in. He was walking in with a blonde girl dressed all in green. I snorted. He had just broken up with Ariel, and he had already hooked up with someone?!

Breathe Belle. Don't jump to conclusions, I thought to myself.

I watched as they sat down, and saw Peter stare at the front entrance intently. I let out a huge sigh, and grabbed my phone. I sent him a text. He was supposed to come alone! Idiot.

You were supposed to come alone. Send Blondie away ~ Unknown

Yep. I had texted him. I watched as he pulled out his phone, and both him and the blonde bimbo read my sent text. They whispered stuff to each other, and the girl nodded. She stood up, and left the pizzeria. Now was my chance. I stood up, and slid into the booth, sitting opposite of Peter. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, and cleared his throat.

"Uh... hi?" Peter mumbled. I couldn't blame him for being surprised. There really was no logical reason for him to think of as to why his ex girlfriends best friend was sitting with him now. "Listen, I uh, um, I'm kinda waiting for someone. Did Ariel send you?" The hope in his eyes were clear. Yet just a moment ago he was with his new girlfriend of the month... no conclusions!

"I've noticed." I said, waiting for him to catch on. His face showed a variety of emotions, first confusion, then annoyance, and finally understanding.

"You sent me those texts?!" He asked accusingly, pointing a finger at me. I nodded, brushing some hair behind my ear. "But... why?! And what does this have to do with Ariel?"

"Nothing! I only said that to make sure you would actually show up." I mumbled, feeling almost guilty for worrying him. Almost.

"I'm leaving." He declared, standing up. I did too.

"Peter Pan, sit down now!" I said menacingly. He meekly sat back down, looking bewildered at my outburst. I sighed deeply, trying to sort myself out. I sat down as well, and began to talk. "You're going to tell me exactly what happened between you and Ariel, got it?"

"And why would I do that?" Peter drawled.

"Because it's your fault! Ariel has skipped all her classes, and won't get out of bed. She won't tell me what happened either. So I'm going to get answers out of you, because you owe it to her." I justified myself. "And while you're at it, you can explain the blonde you were towing around."

"Woah woah, you think I'm dating that girl?! That's a huge accusation!" He said, his eyes widening. I gave out a little huff, indicating the obvious, and waited for him to continue. "Oh hell no! I'm not dating Tinkerbell!" He denied immediately.

"Nice to know." I said snidely. I was being mean, I knew it. But he deserved it. He hurt Ariel.

"Seriously! I'm not dating her! She's just my friend, I swear!" Peter protested.

"Moving on. Tell me what happened. Now." I deadpanned.

"I can't. You'll just run back to all your friends and tell them what happened." He accused me.

"Now who's accusing who?" I muttered sarcastically. Peter rolled his eyes. "Look Peter. Just tell me what happened. Then I'll judge whether or not to tell anyone."

"No. But I'll make you a deal." His eyes gleamed. "I'll tell you, if you help me with something."

"If you think that I can somehow get you two back together..."

"No! Sheesh, let me finish. Help me keep Ariel away from Wendy, especially when the bonfire happens."

"Wendy? Why?"

"I'll tell you, if you make me that deal." Peter bargained.

"Fine. Start talking." I ordered. Peter proceeded to tell me about Wendy, Tinkerbell, Lottie, and everything else that happened in his past. Then he told me how he found out that Wendy was trying to publicly humiliate Ariel. I started to see his point of view. He didn't want Ariel to know his secrets because they were bad. And he didn't want to screw up their relationship. But yet, they had broken up.

"So you don't know what Wendy wants to do with Ariel?! Sheesh, talk about psycho exes." I complained.

"She's not that bad! It's my fault she's so bitter now. I'm the psycho ex." Peter declared.

"Mhmm." I murmured vaguely, processing what newfound information I had learned today.

"Listen, you understand why Ariel can't find out, right? She'd hate me! Well, more than she already does..." Peter trailed off awkwardly.

"I think we're past her hating you. Do you want to know how I got your number Peter? I first went through Ariels phone. She didn't have it. You're not even a contact on her phone anymore. She is past being mad." I informed him. I knew that he had a reason to break up with Ariel, but I couldn't deny that I wanted him to feel the same pain that my best friend felt. He was clearly crushed by the news.

"I don't blame her." Peter muttered, then he let out a huge sigh. "Listen, just please try and keep her at your dorm Friday night. Wendy is like a ticking bomb. She'll wait patiently and then explode, so it'll be better for both of them if neither of them run into each other at the bonfire."

"That's a pretty big demand." I said.

"I wouldn't ask if it were anyone but Ariel." Peter said.

"Well... okay. But you owe her the truth. Spare me the crap about her hating you. She probably already hates you enough. You owe her."

Peter nodded solemnly. "I will. First thing Saturday morning. Until then, please help me keep a tight lid on the entire shenanigan."

Short chapter I'm sorry :(. Next one will be longer, and better mwahaha (plot twist ahead!). So yay I still have writers block ew. Okay goodbye humans!