Chapter 32

ARIELS POV

Friday morning. Or was it afternoon? I had slept in all day, pleading my friends to call in sick for me. I felt sick, but not in the way of needing a doctor. I tossed over in bed, feeling over heated in my grey sweatpants and matching sweatshirt.

My door opened, and I saw Mulan waltz in, holding shopping bags. She threw them at me, and I groaned in pain.

"Mulan!" I complained.

"Get up. You're done with your breakup. School's over, and I went shopping. We are going to the bonfire tonight." Mulan declared. I eyed her suspiciously.

"You never go out shopping! Especially not on your own!" I said accusingly.

"It's a special occasion. I got us both new outfits for tonight. No need to thank me. Now get up and try it on!" Mulan squealed, pointing at the shopping bags that were laying on my bed.

"No." I muttered, turning away from her.

I was not expecting her to attack me. She jumped on my bed, landing on my legs. They twisted uncomfortably, and I yelped in shock. "Mulan!" I groaned, trying to pull my legs out from under her.

"Up! Get up!" She chanted, smacking me with a pillow. I hid myself under the blanket, and she yanked it away. I glared at her.

"Go away." I frowned at her. She shook her head, her black hair flying as she whipped her head.

"Come on!" She whined, pulling my arm. "We can go to the salon, get our hair and makeup done, do our nails..."

"Who are you and what have you done with Mulan?" I asked her, squinting my eyes. She laughed at me.

"I know, I'm a bit out of character today. So are you. So until you snap out of this moodiness, I'm stuck being the fun, energetic one." She pouted. I cracked a smile, and she beamed happily.

"There's my Ariel!" She crowed, throwing her arms around my neck.

"Get off me!" I choked. She was cutting off my air supply. I pushed her off my bed, and she landed with a loud thump.

"Ariel! Come on! Belle has gone AWOL. She said she was going to the library at lunch, but she didn't. Now she keeps texting me to make sure you stay at home tonight. It's pretty sketchy." Mulan said, a frown settling in her face.

"Good. Then it's settled. I'm staying." I huffed.

"Please Ari? I can't go alone." Mulan gave me doe eyes. I rolled my own.

"Puppy dog stares have no effect on me." I informed her. "Why can't you go alone?"

"Because Shang might be there. We almost got back together during Thanksgiving, but I stopped it because well, because... oh, I don't know. I just..." Mulan fumbled over her words. I sat down on the floor beside her, and put my arms over her shoulders.

"The male population is a complete dud." I stated.

"Is that the proper use of the word?" Mulan wondered out loud.

"I guess I'll come with you..." I grumbled slightly, hating to see my best friend so down. She squealed and hugged me back tightly, screaming in my ear. "You're right. This is very out of character for you." I muttered. She laughed.

"Okay, change out of those clothes. Better yet, burn them. They reek. And go change!" Mulan pointed at my closet.

"I have nothing to wear though." I mumbled.

"Were you not paying attention earlier? I went out shopping. And I got you an outfit that screams fabulous. Ugh, I can't wait until you're the happy, bubbly one again." Mulan frowned. I laughed, and looked in the bags. Dumping the contents out onto my bed, I examined them closely. There was a black leather jacket, a strapless dark purple shirt, and high waisted black jeans.