Chapter 38

ANNAS POV

I balanced my head on my hand in History class as Mr. Sultan told us about the twenties. I was tired, I didn't get much sleep last night. Or, ever since the bonfire. Honey had texted me several times, but I had told her that I wasn't feeling well. It wasn't all a lie.

"Ms. Ice!" Mr. Sultan boomed my name out. I shot my head up.

"Yes, sir?" I asked meekly.

"Can you repeat what I just said?" he asked, a cheerful smile on his face. I quickly shook my head, and he sighed. "I'll repeat what I said. Everyone will partner up, and do a project exploring on any decade that is important to you! Now, talk amongst yourselves to choose your partners!"

I let out a quiet groan. History was the one class that I had no friends in. I wished we could've done an individual project.

"Anna?" A girl tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Pocahontas, one of the quieter girls in my class. "Do you want to be partners?" she asked, a little timid. I nodded quickly, smiling.

"Yes!! I meant, sure okay." I replied. She smiled at me, and took out her phone. I glanced at her phones wallpaper. It was of her and some really buff guy. "Is that your boyfriend?" I asked, pointing at the screen. Pocahontas nodded.

"His name is Shang." she murmured.

"Oh." Was my reply. "Well, that's cool."

"Yeah, I guess. I really like him. He just asked me out. Out of nowhere!" laughed Pocahontas. I laughed along with her.

Soon the bell rang, and before I could leave, Pocahontas grabbed my arm. "Hang on, let me give you my phone number so we can get together sometime to work on the project." she said. I nodded, and gave her my phone. She proceeded to add herself as a contact, and I did the same to her phone. We said our goodbyes, and left the classroom.

I walked over to the cafeteria; it was lunch time. Honey waved at me excitedly, she was already seated at a table. I waved back, and walked over to where she was sitting.

"Hey!" Honey beamed at me. I grinned back. "How are you?! I haven't heard from you all weekend!"

I shrugged a bit. "Um, I'm fine."

"So, I was thinking, we're not in any clubs or teams, right? Well, I'm in the robotics club, but that's not the point! What I really meant was, we're not in anything together." Honey explained, all in one breath. I laughed a bit and nodded, waiting for her to continue. "Well, I was thinking, we should tryout for the school play! My drama teacher, Mr. Hatter, let it slip that starting next week, the school is holding auditions for this years play, The Wizard of Oz! Isn't that exciting?!"

"Okay, okay, slow down! I get it." I grinned. "But I don't know. I mean, I've never really preformed or anything."

"Neither have I! There's always time to try something new, right?!"

"You're awfully chipper this morning. What did you put in your coffee this morning?"

"Don't rain on my parade Anna." Honey said, sticking her tongue out at me. "So we're both trying out, right?"

"When did you decide this?"

"Just now, actually."

"I can tell." I mused. "I'll think about it. Hang on, I'll be right back." I said, standing up to go to the washroom. Honey nodded, and started to eat a sandwich.

I went to the washroom, and when I was done, I washed my hands. Hygiene was very important to me. As I scrubbed my hands together, one of the stall doors opened, and Vanessa stepped out. I kept my head down, hoping she wouldn't notice me. However, luck was not on my side. She washed her hands, and then walked up to me. She was already smirking meanly.

"Anna! So, I heard your little conversation with Hayley." Vanessa sneered.

"Her name is Honey." I shot back.

"Ahem! Did I give you permission to speak? Hm, I didn't think so." Vanessa said, rolling her eyes. She opened the door leading back to the cafeteria. But before she left, she whipped her head around to me once more. "But just to let you know, the stage always adds ten pounds. For you, well, I don't think anyone at this school wants to see your thunder around stage. In all you fattening glory." she smirked. "See you around." Vanessa winked at me, and left the bathroom.

I ran my hands through my hair. I wanted to disbelieve her. So badly. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe she was right.

Walking back up to the mirror, I took a closer at myself. I lifted my shirt up a bit, and pinched some baby fat that stubbornly stayed on my stomach. I didn't want to think that I was fat...

I put my shirt back down, and left the bathroom.

Sorry for short chapter, I will do better. I really wanted to post today since its mah birthday (yusss I'm sixteen xD). Next chapter will be longer!