Chapter 23

ARIELS POV

I was sitting on my bed doing homework when Mickey called for an assembly. A mandatory assembly. Grumbling quietly to myself, I got out of my room. I sent a short text to Belle asking her where she was. She didn't answer. Not Belle too! I was worried about Mulan, I didn't want anything to happen to Belle either.

I walked down to the auditorium. At the front doors, I saw Peter. I walked up to him, and he kissed me on my cheek.

I never found out why Peter had been acting so edgy. Whenever I brought it up, he would successfully change the topic.

"Hey red. Let's go." Peter smiled antme, and took my hand. I nodded and followed him inside.

The auditorium was packed with students. Even though it was big, the schools population was bigger. The auditorium was a bright blue colour, with white tiled floors and a stage at the front of it. The seats were indoor bleachers, reminding me of a theatre set up.

I looked around. I breathed a small sigh of relief when I saw Belle. She was sitting at the very back, farther away from the stage up high. But I also noticed her sitting with Adam. That must've sucked for her. I tugged on Peters arm into Belles direction. He responded by walking along with me until we reached Belle.

"Hey Belle!" I beamed at her. She smiled back. I took a seat on her right, and Peter sat down on the other side of me. I ignored Adam.

"Hi. Have you heard from..." Belle trailed off, not wanting anyone to hear our conversation. I shook my head sadly.

"Not a word. You?"

"Nada." She frowned. "I hope she's okay."

"Mulan can take care of herself." I argued. Belle shot me a look.

"That wasn't what I meant."

"I know, I'm sorry." I sighed, letting my head hit the back of my chair. "I'm just worried about her."

Beside me, Peter squeezed my hand.

"Me too." Belle said.

Just then, Principle Mickey went to stand on the stage. He looked angry. He took a microphone, and waited until everyone had found their seats. Then he began to talk.

"Here at Disney Academy, we don't have a lot of rules. But that doesn't mean we can go off whenever we want." He started to say, looking at his audience. "Two days ago, something very serious happened. And I am very disappointed."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I really hoped he wasn't talking about Mulan. Belle shot me a worried glance, which I returned.

"A group of students from our school decided to pay a visit to Dreamwork Boarding School and vandalize it by TP-ing it." Mickey said solemnly.

A couple of people snickered. However, they were cut off by Mickey speaking again. I felt suddenly so relieved that he wasn't talking about Mulan.

"Tomorrow morning at nine am, all students from our school will go and remove the damage onto their school." Mickey announced. Everybody started to protest. "Unless the people who had done it confess by 8:00 tonight, you won't be. But if nobody comes to my office, the entire school will be cleaning up the mess."

I heard some other students starting to boo and yell and complain. Mickey then told us to leave. Peter pulled me up with his hands. "This sucks." He grumbled.

"Did you do it?" Belle eyed him suspiciously.

"No way!" He shook his head. "Innocent here!"

Belle laughed a little. Then she looked at me. "I'll be up in our room." She said, and fled without another word.