Chapter 41

GUYS. I'M BACK! AND I UPDATED! IN THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A BILLION YEARS! I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF.

ARIELS POV

"No, Adella!" I all but yelled into my phone. It was Friday night, and all my friends were out. So I stayed in, and decided to call my sister. I felt guilty that the last time we talked was when I went home for thanksgiving. Currently, I was telling Adella that I wasn't getting back together with Peter.

"Will you at least tell me why? He was cute!" Adella pestered me. I groaned, and let my head hit my head post of my bed.

"It's complicated."

"You keep saying that!"

"Well, it's true!"

"Ariel!"

"What do you want me to do, Adella?" I snapped.

"Calm down, for one thing!" Adella snickered.

"Ugh, thanks for the help." I said sarcastically.

"Anytime. Listen, I gotta run to work. My boss will literally shoot me if I'm late again." Adella said, and I could picture her rolling her eyes. "And Ariel? Don't take a thousand years to call me again."

"Heh, okay. Love you."

"Love you too." Adella replied, and hung up. I stared at the phone in my hand, and sighed.

I had originally planned to just talk to Adella the whole night. I thought that calling her would keep me busy. But I had talked to her for less than an hour.

I looked at my desk, where my school books sat. I had finished my English essay, and I had no other homework. If I was motivated, I could've started to study for a science quiz on Monday.

Unfortunately for my grades, I was not motivated.

I stretched out lazily across my bed. Swim practice had been cancelled for tonight, so I had zero plans. I stared at my chipped blue nail polish for a while, until the door to our dorm opened.

Mulan bursted inside, carrying a huge gym bag. I could only assume she had gotten back from football practice.

"Hi." I said, glancing up at her.

"Hey." she replied, tossing her bag on the floor beside her. She took an elastic out of her hair, and her hair messily dropped from its previously tight bun.

"How was football?" I asked conversationally.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Eh, tiring. How was swimming?"

"Didn't go. Practice got cancelled."

"Oh."

I nodded in reply, still lazily stretched out on my bed. Mulan went into the bathroom, hollering that she was going to take a shower.

I flipped through a random swimming magazine that had fallen off of my bed. I skimmed through the pages in silence, until Mulan came out of the bathroom, in sweatpants and a plain t-shirt. Her hair was bundled up in a towel.

She came over to my bed, and sat on my legs. I struggled underneath her unwanted weight. "Get off me, fatso." I complained lightly.

"Our Friday night is really shaping up to be wild." Mulan said sarcastically, ignoring my attempts to extract my legs from under her.

"Since when do you care about going out?" I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"We always stay in." she replied. "It gets a little boring."