Chapter 19

MULANS POV

Mr. Fredrickson, my geography teacher, stood at the chalkboard quizzing us on all the states. But I hadn't heard a word he said.

In the morning when I was getting ready for geography class, Mickey made the announcement that all teams and clubs were now coed. I knew I should be excited, but I couldn't concentrate.

Especially when Shang was in my class.

He sat on the opposite side of the room, refusing to look at me. I knew he was angry at me, but I deserved the chance to explain myself.

I tried calling him several times over the weekend, but every time I called, it went straight to voicemail.

I sighed, and let my head hit my desk. Something hit the back of my head, and I turned around in annoyance.

Hercules sat behind me, grinning. He had thrown an eraser at me. I chucked it back at him, and faced the teacher.

No sooner had I turned around that he threw it again at the back of my head. I flung it carelessly, and it hit his cheek.

Mr. Fredrickson frowned at us. "Mulan! Hercules! Care to explain why you're disrupting my class?"

"Because it's boring." Hercules snickered. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Detention!" Mr. Fredrickson snapped. I frowned.

"Thanks a lot." I hissed at Hercules. He smirked.

Soon the class was over. I sat in my desk, tapping my nails. Our teacher glared at us. "I'm off to the teachers lounge."

After he left, I sighed. "Why do the teachers always leave during detentions?"

"Because they all hate us." Hercules laughed. I rolled my eyes. "So, coed teams huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows. "You can come back to the team!"

"I don't think I'm welcome back." I frowned.

"Nobody cares! They're actually missing you! You kicked some major butt." He replied.

"What about, um..." I trailed off awkwardly. Hercules smirked again, and I chucked the eraser at him.

"You can say his name. It's not voodoo." Hercules chuckled. "Shang might be pissed now, but you guys were dating. He doesn't always hold grudges."

"Always?"

"You got me. He's been known to be stubborn. But you can come back. If Shang says no, he'll get kicked off as team captain."

I shrugged. "I don't think that's the best idea."

"Come on Ping!" He whined. I glared at him.

"You're hilarious." I muttered sarcastically.

"At least think about it. We're going off campus for lunch. You should come!"

"We?" I frowned. Hercules rolled his eyes.

"Shang had other commitments." He said slyly. "You can't ignore him forever."

"I'm not ignoring him!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air. "If he picked up his damn phone once in a while..."

"Easy tiger." Hercules chuckled. "But don't deny it, you are avoiding him."

"Maybe it's because he's being immature about this!" I snarled.

"I can talk to him for you." He offered. I glanced at him suspiciously.

"At what cost?"

Hercules gave me an innocent smile. "You come back to the team."

"What's the big deal about me returning?"