Chapter 12

ARIELS POV

"You're a horrible dancer!" I giggled to Peter a little while later. He pretended to frown at me.

"But... but... dancing is the one thing I'm good at!" He pretended to cry.

We burst out laughing. It was true though. Throughout the dance, he had stepped on my feet multiple times. But I was just as clumsy as he was, so I didn't mind.

The dance was slowly coming to a close. Some people had even left early. I had spotted Belle talking and dancing with Elsa. Mulan had spent all the dance with Shang. I smirked to myself. I was definitely right when I paired them together.

"What's on your mind red?" Peter asked, nudging me.

"I just think Mulan and Shang are cute together." I sighed happily. He chuckled at my response.

"You're always thinking about others. It's a great quality to have."

I blushed furiously. I could feel my ears burning. My hands flew up to my cheeks to cool them.

"She's one of my best friends." I murmured.

Peter had taken my hands. I blushed even more.

"So, um... I still have your hoodie!" I blurted out.

Great response Ariel, I thought to myself sarcastically. He makes a bold move, and you bring up his borrowed hoodie. I mentally smacked myself.

Peter laughed. "I've realized."

A couple of guys came up to us, including my cousin Hercules. They included Flynn, Phillip, Gaston, and Hans.

"Hey cuz!" Hercules grinned.

I held back a groan. I just wanted some time alone with Peter, and here they come and ruin it.

"Hi, Hercules." I muttered.

"So, who's your boyfriend?" He asked me.

I'm pretty sure my face was as red as my hair.

"You're hilarious. But I'm not her boyfriend. Not yet anyways." Peter said, winking at me. "I'm Peter."

I wish the ground would swallow me up.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the washroom." I said, and left.

I could hear all the guys laughing behind me, and I balled my hands into fists.

I swung open the door to the bathroom. I washed my hands with cold water, and splashed my face (thank goodness for waterproof makeup!). My cheeks slowly started to cool down, the blush going away.

As I dried my hands, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I whirled around in surprise. A petit brunette dressed in blue was glaring at me.

"You scared me!" I breathed out. Her expression didn't falter.

"Why did Peter Pan ask you to be his date?" The girl demanded, still glaring at me.

I remembered how my friend Rapunzel had told me how her cousin Elsa shared a dorm with a girl who had a huge crush on Peter. Up until now, I had forgotten about that. I couldn't remember her name though. Wanda? Wally?

"Who are you?" I asked, removing her hand from my shoulder.

"Wendy. Wendy Darling." She frowned at me.

Right. Her name was Wendy.

"Well Wendy, maybe Peter just likes me enough to be his date." I huffed.

Her glare darkened.

"Peter and I have been best friends forever. Not once did he mention you." She snarled.