Chater 30

PETERS POV

I awoke to the sound of my blaring alarm. It was Thursday morning. When I had left Ariels, I came straight to the academy. The school offered a stay-at-school program during holidays for students who couldn't go home during that time. The academy was mostly empty. Since I got there, I stayed in my room waiting for classes to start. Gosh, I was lame.

I put on the same sweatpants and green hoodie I had worn since I got back. Kristof had said I was in a "breakup funk". I thought it was stupid, even if a part of me agreed. Stupid emotions. Grabbing my backpack, I slung it over my shoulder and proceeded to get to class. Luck was on my side; I didn't have any classes with Ariel. She probably hated me right now. I didn't blame her. I kinda hated me too right now.

I walked into my math class, ignoring my teachers glares. Quietly, I slid into my desk. As the teacher blathered on about how to graph, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it, not caring if I got caught. It was a text from in unknown number.

I need to talk with you. ~ Unknown

Wrong number. ~ Peter

If you knew who I was, you wouldn't want to talk with me Peter. ~ Unknown

Clearly whoever this was knew who I was. Unfortunately for them, I wasn't in the mood for this kind of shenanigan.

Spit it out. I don't feel like playing guessing games. ~ Peter

Meet me at Pizza Planet at lunch. ~ Unknown

As if. Call me cautious, but I don't like meeting up with strangers for lunch. Don't text me again. ~ Peter

You will meet me at lunch. This is about Ariel. You know, your ex girlfriend? ~ Unknown

Stay away from her if you know what's good for you. ~ Peter

Although we had broken up, it didn't mean that I wanted her to get herself into trouble because of me.

Don't be late. ~ Unknown

I meant what I said. ~ Peter

Hello? ~ Peter

You can't ignore me. ~ Peter

Apparently they could ignore me. I groaned in frustration. The teacher, Miss. Poppins, started to hand out worksheets.

"Pop quiz!" She sang, causing everyone to groan. She gave them out. Quickly, I started to write down random stuff, not reading the questions. Needless to say, I was probably going to bomb that quiz.

Soon math was over, and I had to go to science next. However, I wasn't in the mood to dissect more frogs. That's all we ever did in that class. Sneaking around quietly, I went back to my dorm. As I began to lay down on my bed, someone knocked on my door. Grumbling, I opened it, and slammed it in their face.

"Wait!" She squeaked out. My door flung open, and Tinkerbell stood on the other end.

"Did I not make it clear enough? I said I never wanted to speak with you ever again." I snapped meanly.

"Look, I'm sorry! I'm sorry about Wendy, her attitude, and um, and Ariel. But I really need to talk to you!" Tinkerbell said desperately.

"Not interested." I growled. "I've already ruined my relationship, so you can go now. No trouble here for you, sorry to disappoint."

"I never meant to come between you and Wendy! Peter, I didn't know you two were dating!" She said.

"Just leave." I huffed.

"Peter! I'm not leaving, so get used to it. Look, you and I both know Lottie isn't going to stop Wendy at the bonfire. Even I can't stop her, and she's my best friend. So you have to stop Ariel from going to that bonfire! Wendy isn't going to stop Peter." Tinkerbell grimaced.

I took a long look at my former best friend. A while back, before I dated Ariel, I had dated Wendy. She told me it had to be a secret, because her dad would never approve. So we dated for a while, never telling anyone. Tinkerbell was my best friend at the time. She didn't know that I was dating Wendy, and she kissed me. Unfortunately, Wendy saw us, and assumed I had been cheating on her. She wouldn't listen to me, and became the bitter girl she is now. I never forgave Tinkerbell for ruining my first relationship.

"What exactly is Wendy planning?" I eyed her suspiciously. Despite Tinkerbell coming between us, the two had become very close friends. To say that it baffled me was to put it lightly.

"I don't know." Tinkerbell shrugged her shoulders.

"Well if you don't know, then leave." I impatiently pointed at the door. "And what could I even do, if I knew what Wendy was up to? It's not like Ariel would listen to me." I let out a snort of disbelief. "And why do you even care?"

"Like it or not, I'm still your friend. I actually give a crap about your life, so stop acting like a sulky two year old and grow up!" Tinkerbell yelled. "Look, I'll take care of Ariel and make sure she doesn't go to the bonfire. Just go talk to Lottie. She's close friends with Wendy, maybe she knows what Wendy is doing."

"I don't trust Lottie. You should know that." I responded.

"And yet still you talk to her a lot."

"Because like you pointed out, she's friends with Wendy. So I have a good shot of getting the truth out of her."

"Fair enough. Why wouldn't you let Ariel know what was happening? There's a good chance you guys could've still been together. You could've avoided this whole mess." Tinkerbell asked.

"No. Listen, if she knew I dated Wendy, if I kissed you, if she knew that Wendy wanted her gone, what do you think she would do? She would hate me, that's what." I replied bleakly. "I've done nothing but lie to her so she doesn't know what a jerk I am. It's my fault Wendy hates her."

"Stop it! I'm getting sick of your self loathing. I'm your friend, and I'm putting a stop to it. Now, are you meeting up the person that texted you during your math class?"

"Wha... wha... how...?" I stuttered.

"I may have hacked your phone." She admitted, her blonde hair falling into her eyes as a blush invaded her cheeks.

"How?" I demanded. "I've had my phone on me the entire time!"

Tinkerbell rolled her eyes. "My friend Andy is pretty good at this kind of stuff."

"That's an invasion of privacy. I could have you arrested." I pointed out.

"Oh, shut it." She mumbled. "So, I'll go with you."

"I never asked for you to come."

"I never asked for your permission."

"Tinkerbell..."

"Peter, come on. You can't hate me forever."

"I don't hate you!" I exploded. "I hate myself for causing a huge mess!" Tinkerbell walked up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Listen, everything will be okay. I'm going to help you." She muffled into my shoulder. She was very short.

"And how do you know?" I frowned.

"Have you met me?" She laughed. "I'm awesome. And I never break my promises."

PETERS POV YASSS. Okay so I'm having writers block... *le sigh*. And kids, remember skipping class is wrong (unless it's science) XD. Life lesson right there. So ye. Um, bye I guess XD