Epilogue

POV: Chance King

"Happy Birthday!" people screamed out as my eldest sons, by only a few minutes, walked through the door. Their faces drew up in bright smiles that matched the happiness in their eyes.

River, my baby, popped up from behind both of his mountain tall brothers.

"You guys?!" He whined, his eyes filling with tears. He ran to me and hugged me. I might be 5'2 but River was even shorter than me. Sure, I've grown two inches in the past couple of years but i'm still short. River was 4'11. He was an Omega, like me, so he was naturally small. But, that did not stop him. He wrestles with his brothers, sometimes he wins. Not by using strength and brute force, but by using smarts and a little bit of magic.

"Happy birthday muffin." My husband said when River went to give him a hug.

"Thank you Mommy, Daddy." With that he gave us both another small hug and went to go greet everyone else.

"You guys didn't have to do this, you know that right?" Slate asked with a smirk.

"Why wouldn't I throw a birthday party for my baby's 18th birthday?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Him and Alexander both tensed at my attitude. One thing you do not want to do is piss off your pregnant omega mom.

"Sorry mom, we just don't want you to exhaust yourself." Alex, my firstborn and next Alpha was always the responsible and kind one. Never did he disobey me or his father. He's going to make a great Alpha. "How's the baby?"

"They're kicking the hell out of my bladder. I got to say having only one baby this time is kind of a relief." I sighed and wrapped my arms around my belly. Another arm trailed over one of my arms.

"Dad must have really held back this time." My troublemaker Slate spoke. He chuckled as Maven glared at him.

"Believe me your mother does not like it when I hold back." The three boys just chuckled while I blushed. Immediately I turned around in my mates arms and glared at him. "You know it's true!" He said with a look. I just turned back around and paid attention to my laughing sons.

"Anyway, enjoy your party, maybe you'll find your guy's mate later." Each of the boys gave their mom a kiss on the cheek before joining the party.

"I don't think any of their mates are in our pack." Maven said and I nodded.

"No they're not, I know every single person in this pack. There are no boys with wolf ears on their head or one with brown hair with green tips. There's no one with fiery red curls or a grown Asian man that seems too old for my baby." I complained.

"Baby just let it happen. The moon goddess will make sure they meet. Let her do her job." Maven said with a kiss to my neck. He was still the love of my life after 14 years.

"Okay, I guess I should." I turned around again, in his arms. "I'm just worried."

"Don't be, they'll be fine." We stayed in a moment of silence before he talked again. "Anastasia and Austen on the other hand..."

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked.

"They have a crush on the same boy! To be honest I don't think either of them is his mate. That will not be good when they find their actual mates." Maven joked. I look around the room finding my twins in the back crowding around Jupiter. Sheamus and Charlie adopted him a while back. He was a snow leopard, and much like his animal side he was quick and calculated. He thought about his every movement before doing it with such grace and agility. He was going to make an amazing Beta one day.

My twins on the other hand... whew. Austin was a totally jock, the full on dude-bro man thing. He played too many sports to count and was good at all of them. He was the popular boy in school and all the girls, and boys fawned over him. He was too crazy to be Jupiter's mate.

Anastasia was the opposite. She was quiet with not many friends. Most people considered her a nerd, not only for her scholastic accomplishments but also her looks. Her normal, everyday outfit was a t-shirt, cardigan, leggings or sweatpants, and converse. Although shy and smart she was still too different from Jupiter.

Not that i'm saying all mates have to have similar opinions and characteristics, but you can just tell sometimes. I have some suspicions on who Austins, Anastasia's and Jupiter's mates are. But, nothing is concrete. I just have to trust the Moon Goddess that she chose wonderful people to mate with my children. 

"Yeah your right."

"Aren't I always?" Maven joked. Yet again, I gave him a look.

We finally joined all the people here for the party. For hours we ate, we danced, we watched our kids open presents. Until it was finally midnight, and the three boys stepped onto the stage.

They were just supposed to wait until the moon was at its peak in the sky. Then they would be able to smell their mates if they were nearby. But then Maven and myself made our ways onto the stage.

As a surprise birthday gift for our kids Maven would be handing down his position as Alpha. When they find their mates I will relinquish my title as Luna.

"Tonight, this pack will see it's next Alpha." Maven smiled as he said that into a microphone. "Actually, Alpha's." Everyone was surprised at this. "Tonight Alexander will become your Alpha with Slate and River as Co-Alphas." I took the microphone away from him to try and calm down the pack.

"Although this is the first time in history a pack has been run by three people, my mate and I know that our sons are ready. I know you are worried especially because River is an omega and having two Alphas compete for head alpha is dangerous. But, I have complete and utter faith in my boys to run this pack with grace and bring nothing but wealth and happiness to us." People cheer at my words and I know they trust me, Maven and their new Alphas.

With only a minute till midnight Maven relinquished his Alpha Status to Alexander, Slate and River. Everyone felt the shift of power as the Moon hit the center of the sky.

My sons were now the strong Alpha's of this pack. Now they just have to find their mates, so, like me and many others, they can have their happy ending. 

1,097 Words

October 5th, 2020

Please, for me, please ask questions for me or my characters. I really, really want to do a Q & A. Pleaseeeeeee!!!!!