Chapter 30

POV: Makayla

The old lady glided towards the trees. Her old body actually creaked as she struggled to sit next to one of the trees. When she was fully situated she waved me over.

I tried to walk but that didn't work. Fuck that, so I did what I did earlier. I thought of where I wanted to go and suddenly I was there. I copied grandma over here and sat down.

I turned until our eyes met.

"Go ahead, young one." her voice was sickly sweet, I'm not in the mood for this bullshitty niceness. For some reason the old lady has turned my mood from confused to absolutely furious. But, I still wanted to talk to her, for some reason.

"Who the hell are you and what's your name? I gotta stop calling you 'old lady' in my mind." she just smiled. I swear, there is something off about her.

"My name is Silvia. Like I said, I am just a spirit who built this pond for others to watch over their loved ones. Now, are you going to tell me why you don't want to return to them?"

I looked at her for a couple minutes. I released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I wanted to talk to her. I needed to talk to her.

"I guess I will." I paused to make sure she was listening. I looked down, suddenly very interested in the blades of grass between my fingers. "Well, when I was a kid I was always in pain. My entire body would shake when I walked to the bathroom." I laughed. "I was born powerless, which is not a good look for the royal family, so I couldn't explore the kingdom. Everybody treated me like I was helpless and I wanted to change that.

So, I started going to the training grounds with my brother. Started working out, all day everyday. I became the strongest and the youngest warrior in training. I even passed my brother, and he's the future king! People finally started to see me as not useless."

"That's impressive." She concluded.

"I know right. But then, I almost died, again. So when I got my powers I knew that I was meant to stay alive and use them. I dedicated my life to fighting bad people basically. And to be honest, I loved helping people. Their smiles were absolutely priceless."

"But?"

"But... I focused too much on other people. So much so that I forgot about myself and my mates. Then, one of my mates 'died', Cyrena died, and I was sick again because of Zane. I became depressed, again! I just shut everybody out. For the first time in my life I wanted away from my home and my family. That's when I met Vivian. As soon as My eyes met hers I fell in love. But when I touched her, I knew she would never love me, for her heart belonged to Kylee, and Kylee alone."

"I don't want to go back because I'm tired of saving people and still not being happy. I'm tired of my mate not loving me. Im so fucking tired of living for other people." I finished. My chest heaved from exhaustion because I ranted so quickly. I said everything in about 3 breaths.

I looked up, Mom was standing right in the middle of my view. Her head spun as she looked around the venu. It looked absolutely beautiful. The purple lights and crystals. The white chairs that crowded around the beach were decorated with silk and flowers. The last thing she looked at was my body. Sagging down against the old wooden table.

It was weird seeing myself. I've had those out of body experiences, but back then I knew I was just sleeping. Now, what i'm seeing is just an empty vessel, built of expired meat.

Goddess I don't need this shit.

"Okay, I'm done. I don't need this shit." I stood up only to be stopped by a cane. The old lady, or Silvia, had held her stupid fucking cane out in front of me. I felt my face tighten as I turned to look down at her.