Chapter 15

POV: Makayla

I walked vigorously down the hall, my lips twisted in a scowl. I didn't bother to knock on the door in front of me. I pushed it open and startled Vincent, who was sitting at his desk. He looked up at me and sighed.

"Yes Makayla?" He said tiredly before looking back at the papers on the desk. I walked up to the desk and slammed my hands against it. Vincent looked at me with a glare. "If your going to come in here and rudely disrupt my work I will kick you out of the pack. What do you want?" I gave him a glare back.

"When's Mavens coronation?" I ask venom lacing my voice. He gives me a 'you came here just for that' look. I stepped back and plopped my ass on the couch.

"Next week why?" he said slightly sarcastically. I grab my head and moan while massaging my temples.

"Fuck!" I screamed and stood up pacing the floor. "There's not enough time."

"Not enough time for what?" he asked actually worried.

"Give me your hand." I said quickly and he slowly reaches out to me. I grab his hand and take him to the memory from Chance. The scene flashed and I let go of him as I pace the room more. "There's not enough time to get the boys ready." I could feel the tears run down my cheeks before letting out a sob. "I can't let him get Chance. Not with the babies. The same with Jacob." I sat down as he rubbed my arm. "Everyone will be heartbroken, Maven won't be able to keep the pack and everything goes to shit. I lose Vivian and everyone else. Not again!" I curl against myself as he pulled me into a hug.

"Makayla calm down. You won't lose us we know the future because of you and now we can prevent the worst. I can move the coronation by a week. Will that give us enough time." I breath in and nod. I crawl out of his embrace.

"Its training time. Tell all your warriors and make them train twice as much as they are now. Have them get a lesson or two from me. I will up the training with Chance and Jacob. If were stopping Zane we only have one shot." I said brushing away my tears. "I'll contact my family they will be able to help. Maybe they'll be able to find their mates too." I said with a chuckle. He stood up and patted my shoulder giving me a smile.

"Makayla what did you mean when you said 'not again'?" I sigh and tell him to sit.

"About 22 years ago I got a vision of the future. It was Zane killing many people including Chances mother, innocent people and.... Kylee. I knew she was my mate. She was beautiful and I wanted to find her but I was distracted by family, training, and my singing career. I lost track of time and a few years later I felt my heart being crushed. I felt that pain over and over again for months and I knew Zane had killed Kylee or made her a slave. I was so mad at myself, I knew about it but I never did anything about it. My mate and Vivians mate killed because of my foolishness. I felt so empty and I knew I would be alone forever. Soon after Cyrena came along and I swore to myself that I would protect her but then she died. So many people in my kingdom were turned into Zanes brainless followers, and it was *hic* all my*hic* fault." I finish and sobbed more leaning against Vincent.

"It wasn't your fault, its Zanes fault and we will stop him." he said with a growl.

"It's not Zanes fault." I said and looked up at him. He had a surprised look on his face. "He was corrupted by his powers. So now he sits in his mind and watches all the bad he does and he can't do anything." I get up and put my hand on his shoulder. "Thanks for talking to me about this. Don't tell anyone especially Vivian, well besides the attacking at the party part. I'm gonna go to my kingdom to talk to my family I'll be back in two days." I said and gave him a hug.

I'm in my room right now packing a few things. I went to the mall earlier this month to get my family some kind of souvenir. Vivian is leaning against the door frame.