Chapter 1

POV: Vincent King

It was two in the morning when the alarms went off. That meant that there were rogues in our borders. I jumped out of bed and ran to my front door before leaving I kissed my wife on the forehead along with my 8 month old son. I opened the door and ran out shifting into my large black wolf. On the way to the western border I mind linked with my warriors who were in battle.

How many are there? I'm almost there. I could already smell the blood even though I'm hundreds of yards away.

There are many, so many I can't even count. They seem to be after another non-feral pregnant rogue that we are protecting. They are strong and there are too many, HURRY UP! My Beta Luke answered. I got to the border and it was a nightmare. Rogues were everywhere, jumping onto my men trying to get their necks. If it weren't for all the training I put my warriors through we would have been dead at the very beginning. I started to attack rogue after rogue. They soon realized that they weren't going to win so they retreated. I was breathing heavily when I heard a howl of pain from a female wolf. I turned and saw the pregnant wolf Luke was talking about. Her fur was gray with black, white, and red spots. She had deep and long scratches on her right shoulder spilling blood. She continued to howl in pain, Me and My men surrounded her. Then I realized what was wrong, she was giving birth.

I shifted back into a human and put on some shorts one of my men threw me. I walked over to the wolf quietly so I didn't scare Her.

"Someone get the doctor." I commanded as I kneeled down next to the wolf. Her deep blue eyes locking with mine. "Shhh it's going to be okay. Just breath." She howled in pain again and I told her to push and she did right as the pack doctor arrived. A little white ball of hair was seen and the wolf sighed. The doctor checked its breathing and it was alive. I turned to the mother and noticed she turned back into a human. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. Little freckles scattered her little nose and pink cheeks. She was a very beautiful woman.

"Chance....his name....is Chance" blood started coming out of her mouth, "Please take care of him...tell him i love him...." she took her last breath and I saw the life go out of her eyes. I swiped my hand against her eyelids closing them. I turned and stood up looking at the little pure white wolf in the doctor's arms.

He was quiet while sleeping, stirring a little. I took him into my arms and started walking towards the pack telling everyone to get some rest and heal. I walked to my house. My wife and my son were at the kitchen counter when I came in. She was going to give me a hug until she saw the pup. I told her what happened.

"What are we gonna do with him?" my wife asked.

"I think i know the right person to give him too," I started walking to my favorite omegas house. I rang the doorbell and not too long later a small woman appeared. Her name was Vivian Clyde I've known her since we were kids. She was 5'5, had straight black hair and forest green eyes. She had a strong build, broad shoulders, muscular arms and legs along with a six-pack under her shirt. In general She was a fairly attractive woman. Even though she was ranked an omega, she was one of my best warriors. She's been off the battlefield for awhile. Her mate and my cousin Kylee, was killed during war so she quit. About two months ago I persuaded her into being one of my trainers.

"What do you want Vince? Its four in the morning! Are you crazy?!" She was still yelling at me when the pup started whining. She finally noticed him and stared at him frozen. She looked up at me again and dragged me into the house slamming the door, "Did you get Bailey pregnant again you horndog?!"

"No, you crazy bitch! There was a rogue attack this morning and they were after this pups mom who happened to give birth right after the fight was over." I said while giving her the death stare. She stared back, god it was creepy. "I wanted to see if you would be his adopted mother. Please, his name is Chance and you're his only chance and the only one I can trust an-"

"Shut the hell up! You want ME to take care of a child?"

"Did i stutter?"

"You're gonna get your ass slapped. Okay, fine I will take care of him. So...give him to me," I couldn't help but snicker at the horrible job she's doing on containing her happiness. I handed her Chance and he let out a small growl. "He's beautiful. OMG look he's opening his eyes!" he whined and opened his big puppy eyes. One was a deep purple and one was a blood red. We were both surprised about his eye color. " He is so special, pure white fur and two eyes like that. Wow. He's really lucky,"

"Yeah he is, will you be okay with him?" She nods her head and told me to leave and get some rest. I was really glad Vivian excepted him and I know she'll make a very good mother. I just don't know what's going to happen when my pack finds out that he's a rogues son. Hopefully no one will mind but somehow I don't think that'll happen.

OMG the first chapter is done and I'm tired. Hopefully you enjoyed this . Please leave me comments on how I can improve my work please. LOVE YOU BYEEEEE!!!!!!

990 words

October 19, 2018