Chapter 26

POV: Chance

Nolan led us through the castle until we came to a large golden door. He opened it and walked in, I followed close by.

River was on my back, Slate held my hand and Nolan had Alexander in his arms. They were so excited to see everyone. It has been quite a while since any of us has seen them.

The walls of this room were shelves of books that towered high above our heads. At the head of the room in front of a giant window sat a desk. Makayla's Mom, Alicia, sat on the window seat. She looked up from her book and her eyes went wide.

"Chance, Nolan? What are you doing here?" She rose from her seat placing the book on the desk. I was about to answer her but River, Slate and Alexander ran over to her for hugs.

She smiled and giggled to hide her worry. She knew we had no other way to get here without the potions, and those were for emergencies.

"Let's go find one of your aunts or uncles so me and these 2 can talk." We all walked out of the library and we soon found Alana. She took the kids to the living room to watch TV.

"Jordan and Bianca should be in the throne room." Alicia said and we basically ran down the hall to get there. We pushed the door open and the people inside shot up.

Jordan saw it was us and ran down the stairs leading to the thrones.

"We got a letter today, someone named Amber is planning to attack our pack, then other packs. Then, Azyria."

"A-amber?" His voice broke as he said her name. That is a bad motherfucking sign. SHIT.

"The first ever queen of Azyria had a son with a dragon shifter. The son was later banished for trying to kill his older brother, the king. We kept eyes on him and we found out he raped his mate and made him bear a child. That child is Amber." Jordan stopped pulling out a scroll from the wall filled with scrolls. He rolled it out and a picture took up most of the page.

In the middle was a woman, her hands outstretched with flames coming from them. A dragon on the right and a giant snake on the left.

"His mate was a snake shifter. Somehow the combination of dragon, snake and Azyrian made her super powerful." Jordan said.

"Her element is fire, she can also separate her 2 animal spirits from her body."

"So while we're attacking an Azyrian we have to worry about a giant Snake and a Dragon?" Nolan asks with a groan. "That is gonna be so much work."

"Nolan, you need to go back and inform Maven." I said and he nodded. "Tell him we have to evacuate anyone that can't fight. I will stay here for a little bit longer to research the weakness of dragon and snake shifters." He nodded again and gave me a quick hug before leaving.

As soon as he left I plopped my ass into a chair and sighed. My hand unconsciously went to caress my stomach. It was flat but, I could just tell.

Alicia noticed and her eyes became wide. I reached for a book on dragon shifters but she grabbed it before I could. Her arms were suddenly filled with books as she walked away.

"Come on Chance were going to study somewhere else." She said and I jogged after her. Once I caught up to her she smiled at me. "Do you know yet?" She asked.

"I haven't gotten a for sure but a mother knows." I chuckle awkwardly.

"Let's go check." I'm gonna guess she's taking me to some type of doctor's office.

We finally come to a stop in front of a white door. Unlike the entire castle this door was metal. We go inside and there are a few hospital beds with the paper crap on top.