Chapter 31

POV: Chance

"Im back."

Amber just fucking stared at her. Her face was full of fear and to be honest I was scared too. Makayla is back from the freaking dead.

Opposite to Amber, Makaylas face was full of malice. Her smirk stretched across her entire face with white teeth showing. She is absolutely fucking terrifying.

"Th.... that's not p-possible. I saw. I saw you go into the sky." Amber struggled to say, her entire body shaking.

"Well, I thought it was impossible too, but I guess we were both wrong." Makayla said not even looking at her. She was focused on her nails, like she was uninterested. Then she dropped her hand and looked into the sky.

Another bright white shot of lightning came down in intricate zig-zags. She reached out and basically pulled a rope of lightning from it. Makayla rapped some of the "rope" around her wrist and finally looked at Amber.

"I'm sure you know what this is Amber." She said and Amber just nodded. "Great." In a split second Makayla stood in front of Amber. "Say goodbye to your powers Amber." Wait what.

She whipped the rope at Amber and it wrapped around her neck. She screamed and clawed at the ground. Her snake started convulsing and hissing in the same pain.

"You can no longer use your fire powers or command your animals to do anything." She paused and started pulling the rope till Amber was in front of her struggling to stand. "With that you are also under my control and your mates control."

Like it was a sealed deal the lightning rope turned into a black leather leash and Amber fell to the ground.

It was quiet. It was quiet for a long time before Vivian spoke.

"Makayla." Blue eyes met green eyes. She stood up from the ground with Kylee and started speed walking towards her. The look of absolute joy was on her face.

Right as she was about to crush Makayla in a hug, an outstretched hand stopped her. That was Makaylas hand.

"Not now." That's all she said before walking away. Vivian and Kylee were left dumbfounded. She just walked away from her mates, not giving them any notice of existence. "Chance." she said breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked up.

"We should go to Azyria and make sure Maven is okay." she said with a smile. "Also I gotta drop something off." then she laughed. This is the Makayla I know. The Makayla from 10 seconds ago, I had no fucking idea who that was. Right now I really couldn't fucking care less.

"Yeah lets go."

3rd Person

The next week went by faster than Chance could have hoped. Like he said his and Mavens wedding took place on a warm beach in the late evening.

The venue was absolutely breathtaking. People walked down a boardwalk lit with lanterns decorated in sparkly white ribbons tied in bows. After walking down a few steps people were urged to leave their shoes and socks there before continuing on sand.

Like most weddings there was an aisle where the bride would walk down, surrounded on either side with rows of sophistically decorated chairs. This wedding was the same, except there was no bride, just husband and husband.

The chairs were wooden with white ribbon matching the lanterns with light blue flowers pinned at the sides. Guests sat in those seats dressed in anything besides blue and white. Chance made sure people knew it was off limits. Although he wasn't wearing white, his bridesmaids and groomsmen were.