Chapter 25

POV: Maven

I was at my desk when Damien barged in. His tall muscular frame was stiff as he handed me a piece of paper. He was quiet, urging me to open and read it. I shot him a questioning look. Damien was like this often, but this was different.

As head warrior he dealt with a lot: training people, handling rouges, trading and manufacturing problems. That's just a fraction of what he does, now that Charlie, my beta, is away right now.

I gave him a questioning look, my right eyebrow raising higher than the other. He was silently urging me to unfold the piece of paper. I complied and read the beautiful swoopy blue writing that made me assume it was good.

Hello Silver Blood Pack,

A long time ago Your Friend, Makayla Defeated me.

She ruined my life,

so i'm going to ruin the lives of her loved ones.

Her mates are Vivian Clyde and Kylee King

I will find them and I will rip them apart

Since you so gladly befriended her,

your pack will be the first of many that I will take over.

And after I claim all packs as mine

I will take over Azyria

And use her family as my personal slaves.

See you tomorrow Alpha Maven.

P.S. The name's Amber.

My body moves on it's own and I'm out the door. Damien following close behind.

"How did you get this?" I asked Damien. He shook his head as he explained what happened.

"Nolan said he went on a walk in the woods, he saw fog and went to investigate. Cause he's a fucking idiot," He growled out at his mate came to mind. There was some underlying concern but not much.

Damien still had problems with Nolan as his mate. Every day he pushes Nolan away more and more. Without Makaylas threat I thought Damien would have rejected Nolan. But Makayla is gone now, so I think Damien secretly wants Nolan.

Damien is an Alpha, no doubt, but he chose Head Warrior. I swear if he wanted too he could challenge me for Alpha and he would probably win.

"He passed out and when he woke up this letter was there." He continued and I nodded.

I wasn't really concerned about how we got the letter. What I am worried about is how we are going to go up against someone Makayla fought.

Makayla was a god basically, so she never involved herself with people who had no chance against her. If she fought Amber then we are in for a big treat.

Chance was the only one who could contact Makayla's family since everyone left besides Nolan. So I made my way to my office where he was talking to someone from the bank.

We neared My office and saw Chance saying goodbye to the fairly well dressed man. He wore a sour expression while Chance smirked. As soon as the man saw me he looked at the ground and turned his head slightly to show his submission. I growled and he ran off.