Chapter 20

POV: Makayla

There's thousands of them. They trapped us in a circle, trying as hard as their skinless bodies could. Trying to kill us. They were something out of your nightmares. They were like zombies, but they don't have skin. So their organs, muscles and bones were just hanging out. And they were vicious and they wouldn't even think before they came running at us. Then after we killed them they would be pulled into the ground and it is so weird. As soon as we entered Zane's mind we were bombarded by these assholes with only a few words from a god who says his name is Anubis and his son who is a demon? It's all super confusing. I just want to get out of here with everyone alive.

I dodged one from the left while slicing at the others behind me. My swords were basically air that I kept still and connected at my arms. They curved into a sharp tip and were transparent with a hint of light purple. I could extend them to any length I wanted. They were the perfect weapon for any situation. Especially this situation. I extended my right sword about 30 feet impaling many zombie things. Then gripped my right arm stabilizing me and using my weight to spin around slicing the zombies in half. It was gruesome and made me want to throw up. A few of the others have already thrown up. We were just trying to get further into the mind. Everyone else and I were so fed up.

"You know what, fuck it." I yell and the others come by me. I extend my swords longer and crossed my arms cutting the zombies in half for as long as I could see. They drop down and me and Jordan blast all of us through the clearing before the other zombies catch up. We were past all of the zombies and came across the demon. He was just standing there, hand on his hip, smirking. His shadowy figure blended into the background so it was kinda hard to make him out. Hie red eye were the only thing about him you could clearly make out.

"Well you got passed the zombies. I'm surprised, most people wouldn't even be able to kill more than 10 of them. And remember what ever happens in the mind happens to your body in the real world. So if you die, you fucking die." he laughed and disappeared. We all looked around for him until I felt an arm on my shoulder. I tried to move but I couldn't. He whispered in my ear.

"Let's see how you do against my pet." he hissed out the word pet and backed off from me. The ground began to shake as I regained my composure. Just like the zombies a huge wolf came out of the ground. It was pure black and the whole eye was a blood red. The eyes seemed to glow and being against black fur they looked fucking creepy. The wolf looked exactly like the demon, well in different forms- you know what I mean. The wolf looked around, eyes landing on each of us for a second before moving on. But they stopped on Jacob. Jacob stood still as big eyes raked over his body. His grip on his two guns lossens and they fall to the ground making a loud clunk. It looked like Jacob was gonna say something but was interrupted by the demon standing on the top of the wolfs head making its big head lower while whimpering. The demon has a mischievous and evil grin plastered on his face. He raised his foot and slammed it back down onto the wolfs skull. It cried out and the demon laughed. Jacob grabbed his guns and somehow let his wolf out of his mind or something like that.

"Don't you mother fucking hurt my mate, asshole." he raised his guns at the demon while his wolf started running towards them. Wait what? I thought about what he had just said. I bit my lip and nodded thinking about it. It makes perfect sense, Jacobs powers were the only reason we were able to even try defeating Zane. Also, I don't know about you but if I was Zane i'd have major PTSD after getting out of a place like this. And like I said a couple chapters ago Jacob was probably given these powers to help out his mate. Soooo, put two and 2 together and tadaaaaa. Zane and Jacob are mates..... Okay.

Once Jacob pulled the trigger we all got into our fighting stance and charged at the large mother fucking wolf with an evil demon on its head. Aghh fuck my life. Jacobs bullet went straight through him and flew off into the distance. I groaned, he probably needs to be killed by magic but that didn't stop Jacob. He signaled for Alana to hand him something. She pulled a black sword from her belt that held many more weapons.