I: 5 Years Ago

JACK

"Jack?" A feminine voice brought him back from his deep thoughts. He stood up after seeing his sister struggling to move the wheelchair. How many years have passed since his sister become like this?

He carefully lifted his sister from the wheelchair and places her on the swing chair. "What are you thinking?" this time his sister asked compelling him to answer it.

He looked at his sister's face before putting a knitted comforter on her lap and securely wraps the scarf around her neck to protect her from the cold wind.

He seated beside his sister and sighed. "It's nothing"

"Are you still thinking about that?" his sister intently looking at his eyes.

"I couldn't just forget about it, Emma." Jack averted his eyes, "I should have been there" he stared at the piles of snow on the pavement. "I should have at least protected you from the crash then you wouldn't be stuck on that wheelchair"

"Jack" Emma put her hand on his brother's hand and lightly squeezed it. "I'm fine, the doctors said that after I finish all the therapy sessions, I'll be able to walk again." she smiled. She was going through physical therapy to help her regain her leg functions.

Emma knows that her brother gravely blamed himself for what happened to her and their parents. "So stop blaming yourself, it's not your fault." she may walk again but she's not sure if she can skate again.

Ice skating is his sister's life and the accident took that life away from his sister.

He smiled admiring his sister perpetual optimism even when things look bleak and firmly holds her hand

It was his biggest game as a hockey player in his country. It was a game between Arendelle and Corona Kingdom. It was a tough game but still, his team manages to win against Arendelle. His family was there to cheer him as he plays.

After the game, Jack was supposed to celebrate with his family but his coach wanted him to be with the team to celebrate their victory. His family let him celebrate with the team and they will be waiting for him in the house to celebrate also.

But his parents and sister didn't make it to their house. They met an accident along the way that took his parent's life and paralyzed his sister's legs.

Emma's dream to be an ice-skater was gone the moment the doctors told him that it may take years before she could walk again.

He couldn't face Emma in the hospital after hearing the news; he didn't see his sister who tried to hide the pain of losing the dream she thought she could finally reach.