XII: Her Father

"Please take your seat" Elsa's father, Oaken motioned them to sit on the leather sofa across his wide table.

Jack slowly sat at the sofa uncomfortably as he felt the heated stare of her father in their locked hands. I tried to move his hand away to Elsa but she squeezed his hand never letting him go. He never felt this nervous before. Her father is so intimidating that makes his body shook just by standing there. Jack would rather catch a bullet than to be alone with this man.

Oaken cleared his throat snapping them to look at him, "Care to explain who this young boy is?" Oaken needs to know about this man for the security of the Queen. Even though he was a retired commander of the royal knight, The Queen's safety is still his priority until his very last breath; that was his oath and pride as a knight.

'Young boy? well, that's insulting' Jack muttered.

"And pray do tell, why am I not informing of this marriage?" Oaken looked briefly to the golden ring in their ring finger then back to Elsa. He wanted to know what kind of case that the Queen decided to handle but Elsa remained silent.

Jack thought her father didn't know about the undercover or the job itself. Why he was not surprised, she is after all a CIA agent, and being a CIA agent they know how to keep everything well hidden even if it's mean to tell lie to their family.

Then all those smiles of her are a lie? Jack sighed mentally.

All those unanswered questions filled his thoughts again. Jack shouldn't think any of it; they have a bigger problem here. Since her father didn't know any of this then he has to act as her husband. They have to act as a married couple.

Oaken sighed tiredly as Elsa just stared at him quietly. He understands that the Queen won't speak or answer any of his questions if this man beside her is present. He put his elbow on the table and entwined his hands together to rest his chin while looking at the couple in front of him. "Is he the one?"

Oaken knew that even though the Queen decided to work as a CIA agent, she won't let herself handle an undercover case together with a stranger, let alone to act as a married couple. He thought that maybe this man was the one who changes the Queen in a good way.

'The one?' Jack thought curiously.

"He is the one" without second thoughts, Elsa answered looking at her father straight to the eyes.

'Don't get your hope high just because she told her father that you're the one' Jack's mind reminded him after hearing those words from Elsa.

'Shut up!' Jack mentally scolded himself. He knew that. He was fully aware that it was just an act. He was disappointed and felt a gripped in his heart hearing the word 'act' and knowing that everything was an act.