II: New Case

95... 96... 97...

Huff... Huff... Huff...

98... 99... 100...

Jack just finished his morning exercise and his body was covered with sweat. He stood up and went to the fridge to get cold water while the T.V was blaring throughout his flat.

It's been four years since he became an agent, and now he's the field agent of the NBI department. These past few years he focuses himself on his studies and attending every physical therapy session with Emma. Now she can walk again but he doubts she can ice skate again. Standing for too long still gives pain in her legs.

He rested for a bit after gulping all the water in the bottle.

He was living alone in his bachelor pad after he became an agent. It was simple and ordinary.

He managed to buy this flat thanks to the money their parents left them and by the help of the man who adopted them.

He only bought all the necessary furniture that he needed in his flat, in short, it is dull, gloomy and boring. He never pulls off his curtain in the morning but only in the evening.

His sister insisted him to put some decoration but he ignored it, he thinks it is just a waste of money and besides he often sleeps in the office and any hotel every time he has an undercover job.

He grabs a towel and went to the bathroom to take a quick bath. He walked out of the bathroom when his phone rings. He ignored it and went to grab a clean white T-shirt, a plain blue sweat jacket, and black jeans in his closet. He was comfortable to wear this kind of clothes than suits.

The phone keeps ringing then replaced by a beeping sound.

Beep... "This is Jack. I'm busy at the moment. So just leave your message after the tone..." Beep...

"Hey J! You're a certified lazy bastard you know that?" Jack grinned as he recognized the voice in the other line. "I know you're there listening in this damn phone!" The caller audibly sighed. "Wear some decent clothes! Chief's order!" Then the line cuts off.

Jack turn the TV off, put his badge and gun in his belt, and left. He drove his motorcycle on a 20 minutes ride.

❆❆❆❆❆

Elsa woke up by her alarm. She got up and did her morning routine.

She went to the kitchen to pour out a hot coffee on the mug after fixing herself for work.

Then, she went to the living room turning the T.V on to watch some morning news as she still has plenty of time before her working hours as she comfortably sat on the sofa, her phone rung. She ignored it, too lazy to get up again. She let the answering machine do the work.