XXII: Confession

Jack briefly glanced at where Elsa is. He noticed Ombric sitting beside Elsa and gave her a hot tea. He was so happy seeing Ombric and Elsa talking with each other like they were having a father and daughter conversation while he was playing with Emma, Kailash, and Katherine.

Ombric is like a father to him even to Emma since their parents died. He was the one who took care of them. He can see that Ombric was accepting Elsa and judging by his gesture, he already treating Elsa like his own daughter.

After a while, Mr. Qwerty called out for dinner as the sun was starting to hide in the west. They celebrated Christmas day together.

Jack felt satisfied that finally Elsa got to meet his family as she let him meet her father.

"Let's open presents!" Emma said with enthusiasm. "Here this is for the two of you" Emma gave the couple a present, "It's my wedding and Christmas gift for the two of you."

Jack opens the present, there's a rectangle box with a ribbon in the middle. He carefully opens the box and saw a two necklace with matching snowflakes pendant. The pendant was made of diamond that it shines when the light touches it.

Since when his sister afforded this kind of gift, Jack wondered as he looked at his sister. Just seeing the necklace, he was pretty sure that it was expensive.

"Jack what are you waiting for?" Emma exasperated "put that necklace to Elsa." She whispered as she elbowed him.

"Okay, okay," Jack said; "you don't need to get too violent to me." he laughed.

Jack put the necklace on Elsa's neck and she also did the same to Jack. Now they were wearing an identical necklace.

"Thank you" Elsa thank Emma, "I'm sorry I didn't bring any gift for you"

"It's okay, there's always the next time," Emma said waving her hand. "And I know for sure my brother didn't inform you that you're going here"

Elsa smiled, "you know him well."

"Now, don't worry about me." Emma said, "I want to know what my brother's gift for you" Emma look at Jack, "come on Jack! Give her your present" Jack shook his head as Emma impatiently pushes him to give the present.

Jack gave his present to Elsa and she opens it.

Emma peeked, "gloves? Way to go brother" She was being sarcastic. The gloves were made of the finest blue fabric.

Elsa put the blue gloves in her and smiled sweetly at Jack, "thank you"

They all exchanged a gift. Elsa keeps apologizing as she wasn't able to prepare a gift for everyone but Emma and Ombric keep telling her that it was alright and they blamed Jack for not informing Elsa.

❆❆❆❆❆

The night grew deeper; Elsa and Jack decided to go home.

Elsa was too quiet until they arrived at their house and Jack knew that there is something wrong. Did he do something wrong? He was searching in his mind if he offended her or something happen.

"Elsa" Jack called before she could step away from him. "Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing" she answered shortly, her back was still facing him.

"Hey" Jack softly said as he caught her arms and turns her around to face him. "What's wrong?" he asked caressing her cheeks. Her eyes were looking everywhere. "Look at me" he whispered.

"I-I..." she was stuttering. She closed her eyes and lean her head in his hand. Then she exhaled. "I... I just don't understand you"

Jack frowned; well now, He has no idea what she was saying.

"I mean, just this few days we were doing great as a partner in this case then suddenly you decided to avoid me or rather ignored me." She opens her eyes and looked at him straight to his eyes. "Do you think I didn't notice how early you wake up, you were already out before I could see you for breakfast and you come home pretty late?"

She looked down, "I've been thinking this whole time if I've done something that makes you avoid me." She paused and furrowed her eyebrows. "Then suddenly you become sweet and you act like a real husband to me" she gulped, "you even introduce me to your family as your wife." she looked back at Jack meeting his eyes. "Tell me, what happens to you. Did I do something wrong?"

Elsa was confused. She didn't know what to do next especially when she finally decided to give up. She gave up on making Jack fall in love with her when Jack ignored her and her sister couldn't give her a piece of advice. She thought that it was the only way and it's for their own good. She has to think of a way for her to not fall deeply and helplessly in love with Jack when she knows that after they solved the case they will go in separate ways and go on their own life. It will be harder for her to forget him when those times come.

She was happy that in the very short time she was able to spend it with Jack and she fell in love with him.

Jack confused her so much that when he suddenly become so sweet like a real husband to her, she couldn't help but to hope again. To hope that there's a chance to him fall in love with her.

Jack didn't realize that Elsa was thinking all of this. "You want to know why I keep avoiding you" he grinned as she nodded.

"Because you make my heart beat fast almost breaking my ribs inside" Jack put her hand in his chest where his heart is. Elsa could feel his fast-beating heart.

"I need you so close to me" He grabs her waist and pulled her tightly to his body that even the air can't pass through.

"I can't help but hold you like this." he gently rubs his thumb in her cheeks.

"I can't control my urge to kiss you" he kisses her on the forehead. "Here too" Kissing her eyelids, "here" he kisses the tip of her nose,

"And no one can satisfy this hunger to taste this" Jack kiss her lips. He moved his lips against her slowly and deepening the kiss as he poured everything that he felt for her. Jack pulled away slightly as they were panting.

"It took me, I don't how many days, weeks or months for me to realize this" she looked at him dazed. "I thought I was just losing my mind and thankfully, by the help of other people it makes me realized that."

"Realized what?" She breathes out.

Jack looked at her in the eyes connecting their souls together. "I realized that..." he paused, "I'm madly, crazy and deeply..." he touched her swollen lips with his thumb. "...in love with you"