VI: Job

Jack arrived in his new working place still dazed. He sighed, "Focus!" scolding himself, and went inside the building.

Workers were already doing their work. Jack hops in the elevator with other people. On every floor, people were getting out of the elevator until he was alone. The elevator opens with a sound indicating he was on his chosen floor. He walked out and saw a huge desk and a woman was busy writing something.

The 50th floor is where the President's office of the dreamland is located. Jack cleared his throat to get the woman's attention he assumes the President's Secretary. "I'm here for Mr. Pitch Black," he said formally as the secretary looked up.

"Name please?" the secretary boringly said.

"Jack Frost" he answered. The secretary nodded and looked at the computer typing something. Jack looked around and noticed the camera in every corner. There's no blind spot in this room.

Clever! Isn't he?

The phone rings catching his attention. The secretary answered it hastily. Jack assumed that it is Pitch Black who called based on what he heard.

After a few minutes, the conversation finished and the secretary hung up the phone. She looked up, "Mr. Black is out for a meeting. He said that you can go to the design office on the 39th floor." She said and continue what she was doing before Jack came in. He nodded and went to the elevator.

Jack went to the 39th floor and was welcomed by silence. He looked around as he walked towards the design head office. Everyone was busy and focus on their work. Everyone was making a new design toy. Everywhere He looked there's a toy made by this company displayed. As he reached the table near the door of the design head office it opened and a middle-aged man walked out.

He went to his secretary, "I'm going to the finance department for a minute. There's something we have to discuss with the finance head." His secretary nodded. He noticed Jack standing there, "and who are you?" He asked.

"Jack Frost" Jack answered with respect. Jack was wondering if they knew what their big boss was doing.

"Jack Frost?" He frowned then smiled as he remembers something, "Yeah, I remember you. You're our new member of our design team." He nodded as he crossed his arms in his chest. "But I remember the President transferred you as a new General Manager at Dreamland branch in the Rise town."

"Transferred?" Jack frowned; He was not informed about this.

"The President said that you're more qualified to be a General Manager based on your working records than to work here in the design department." He replied. "You're going to start working there tomorrow." He added and left.