XXVI: Quarrel

Jack couldn't believe what he was seeing right now. He couldn't believe that Elsa refuses his invitation for a date because she was meeting with another man.

He knew the man. The man who was with Elsa is the Prince of this Kingdom. No matter how the Prince disguises himself, Jack could easily recognize him.

Jack is an NBI agent for god's sake. He was trained to see beyond the disguise.

Jack cursed. The Prince is married, then what the hell Elsa doing with him.

His knuckled was turning to white as he gripped tightly in the steering wheel. He saw how the two smiling with each other as if they were talking something interesting. He felt a pang of jealousy seeing Elsa with another man.

Something snapped inside him when he saw the prince holds Elsa's hand. He maneuvers his car and drove off. He couldn't take it anymore. He didn't have any strength to watch the two together. He drove aimlessly until he found a bar. He went inside the bar and drowned himself with liquor.

He didn't even care anymore what happens to him on the bar. He just wants to numb himself from the pain he was feeling right now. There are questions and doubts were starting to flood in his mind.

Is he not enough?

That she needs to look at the other man?

Is her love is not strong enough like his love for her?

Why would she cheat on him?

The pain was unbearable to the point that his eyes were starting to water. He refused to let it fall and silently cry in his mind. This is the first time he ever loves a woman then why did the gods let him experience this kind of heartache.

Jack took a few drinks until the bartender stopped him and told him to go home. He obeyed the bartender and went to his car. Thankfully he was not that drunk and he got home safe and sound.

Jack went inside the house and tiredly sat down on the sofa. He stared in the ceiling for a while thinking something.

Then he realized something. He won't back down easily. He won't give up easily. He won't let any man have her. Even if he has to lock her inside then so be it.

❆❆❆❆❆

Elsa went home pretty late. She prayed that Jack is sleeping right now. She carefully opens the front door and noticed that the light was on in the living room. She went there to turn it off but she was caught off guard when she saw Jack seating on the sofa looking straight at her.