XVI: Naked

Knock... knock... knock...

Jack was awakening by the soft knock. He instinctively looked at the clock at the table beside them. He sighed closing his eyes and rest his arms in his head. Two hours of sleep is not enough.

Jack opens his eyes and looked at the woman beside him. "Elsa?" He asked but got no reaction.

How long is she going to stay unconscious?

Knock... knock... knock...

Jack heard a soft knock again that was forgotten. He carefully removed his arm under her head and got off the bed. He opened the door and Ruby was standing with a trolley.

"I apologies for disturbing your rest sir" Ruby sincerely apologies, "but it's already past dinner time. Everyone is already retired to their rooms to rest." Jack just nodded, listening to her half-heartedly. "I brought dinner for you and Miss Elsa" gesturing to the trolley.

Ruby was about to push the trolley when Jack stops her. "I'll do it. Thank you" Jack pushes the trolley inside. "You may rest now," he told her.

Ruby bowed, "if you need anything, sir, just use that" she pointed to the wireless phone in the trolley.

Jack nodded and she left. Jack pushes the trolley towards the table. He prepared the dinner in case Elsa is hungry when she wakes up.

After preparing, Jack went to the fireplace to throw firewood as the fire is getting weaker.

Jack glanced at Elsa and decided to towel bath her. He went to the bathroom, filling the small basin with warm water, and grabs a towel.

He went beside Elsa carefully not spilling the warm water and put it on the table. He sinks the towel into the warm water and wrinkles it tightly. He gently wipes her face, hands, and neck with the towel.

Jack was having a second thought if he needs to wipe her legs and shoulder.

Jack closed his eyes and inhale deeply preparing himself when he finally decided to wipe her legs and shoulder. He was about to untie her robe when he noticed her eyes fluttered open. He immediately retreats his hands.

'That was close' Jack sighed.

Elsa opens her eyes and closed them again. She was disoriented and frowned form in her beautiful face as she couldn't remember anything.

"Elsa?" Jack smoothly called her.

Elsa opened her eyes, Where am I? She mentally asked herself. She briefly looked around found out that she was in her room. "How did I get here?" She murmured gazing at Jack.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? Do you feel pain right now?" Jack unconsciously bombarded her with a question.

"Whoa Jack" Elsa smiled weakly, "one question at the time." Her thoughts were still confused.

"Sorry" Jack sheepishly smiled at her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay" she weakly pushed herself to sit. "I feel light-headed." Jack stood up as she moves to the edge. "So what happened?"

"You fainted in the hot spring," Jack told her.

Elsa frowned deepen questioning him

"You fainted," Jack repeated. "Blackout, syncope, loss of consciousness or unconscious" he imitated Pippa. "And I want to know why you fainted in the pool?" Jack questioned sternly.

A circle form in her lips and an 'oh' sound came out from it as she remembers everything now, "Right" she breathes out. "My body couldn't bear the heat from the hot spring water unlike cold temperature; my body can bear it to the point that my body is cold too." She stood up. "I probably stay too long in the pool as I shouldn't be."

Jack nodded knowing that they have something in common:

One, they both love the winter season.

Two, their body couldn't handle staying in too much heat or warmth. He wonders what other things they have in common.

"Wait! Who pulled me out in the pool?" Elsa looked down in her bathrobe and saw she was naked underneath.

Jack saw her puling the robe tightly to her body then she looked back at him with wide eyes, "did you see me naked?!"

Jack was petrified hearing her question. His mind was trying to process it.

She was naked? Meaning she's not wearing anything under that robe. He asked mentally.

Jack sighed in relief; she was already wearing a robe when he arrived in the hot spring. Well, If she didn't wake up a while ago as Jack was about to untie her robe then he almost sees what she was hiding under that robe.

Smack!

Suddenly, Jack felt a hard impact on his cheek making his head turn to the side.

What the!

At that moment Jack saw multiple stars. As the shock faded, his brain finally recognizes the pain spreading in his cheek. His hand automatically touches the stinging cheek. His eyes found Elsa.

Elsa crossed her arms around her chest as if protecting it and her eyes were panicking.

"What did I do this time?" Jack didn't realize that he voices it out.

"What did you do this time?!" Elsa said almost shouting. "You just saw me naked. Do you know what I am feeling right now?!" She asked. "I feel so embarrassed right now!" She answered. Elsa was so embarrassed that she wanted to kill Jack.

"Hey calm down," Jack said seeing her shoulders were shaking forgotten the pain in his cheek. "I didn't see anything okay" he assured her.

'As much I want to see everything you're hiding under that robe.' Jack thought.

"It was the women who pulled you out in the pool and covered you with that robe before I could arrive in the hot spring" Jack explained to her.

"Are you sure? You didn't see anything?" Elsa asked again obviously having second thoughts if she should believe in my explanation.

"Yes," Jack nodded.

Elsa still doubted.

"I didn't see anything okay?" Jack raised his hand's palms out. "I promise"

Elsa finally nodded seeing the sincerity and honesty in his eyes

"Come here" Jack open his arms.

Elsa obediently follows and walked towards him. He embraced her moving his hand up and down in her small back trying to calm her down.

After a few minutes, her body finally relaxed in his arms and she leans her head in his chest.

The pain in his cheek returned. Damn it! Jack felt like she dislocated his jaws, that was a powerful punch.

❆❆❆❆❆

WORD COUNT: 1088 words

PUBLISHED: 2015

EDITED: 12/08/2020