XVIII: Consultation

Another few days have passed...

Day by day, he starts to lose his mind thinking over and over again about Pitch's little speech. Which is the need to see a doctor?

Today is Jack's day off and a perfect time to go to the doctor.

He's been ignoring Elsa these past few days. He woke up early in the morning and before Elsa could start a conversation with him, he was already out and he comes home pretty late.

"Where are you going?" Elsa curiously asked as she watches him grab his blue jacket. "It's your day off"

"I'm going out" Jack answered and walked towards her. He kisses her on the forehead and looked straight into her eyes, "I need to visit someone" he grabs his car keys and left.

Elsa frowned as Jack left. It was obvious to her that Jack was ignoring her. It was all started after the 3rd wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Black. She thought everything was going smoothly between them.

She was confused. She thought that Jack was little by little realizing his feelings for her but she was wrong.

She keeps recalling if she's done something wrong for Jack to ignore her these past few weeks. Even though she has these feelings toward Jack, she still does her work well. She never forgot that she has to be closed with Mrs. Black.

Then why is he ignoring her?

She decided to call her sister.

❆❆❆❆❆

Jack arrived at Tooth's residence. He hopes that Tooth's father was there.

Tooth, Sandy, and Bunny were sitting on the lawn. They were drinking and relaxing. They didn't invite Jack 'cause they knew that Jack is busy on the case and also with Elsa. They saw how the two agents act in the anniversary celebration of their target. They were very sure that it wasn't an act at all.

Tooth noticed Jack brusquely walking towards them. "Jack" she stood up getting the attention of Sandy and Bunny. "What are you doing here? We didn't know you're coming."

"Yeah, you're supposed to be investigating," Bunny said.

"Is your father home?" Jack asked ignoring Bunny and Tooth's question.

"Yes. Why?" She answered.

"Where?" Jack asked instead of answering her question.

Tooth noticed the seriousness on his face and she looked at Bunny and Sandy. It is the first time Jack talked to them with seriousness. Tooth looked back at Jack frowning. "He's in his study room" she worriedly stares at him. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing" Jack shook his head dismissing them and went inside her house straight to her father's study room.

Jack inhales deeply before knocking on the door. He heard a deep elderly voice from inside permitting him to enter. He twisted the knob and enters the study room.

A man in his early 40's was seating there with papers in his hand and some books on the table.

Jack closed the door behind him and cleared his throat getting the attention of the busy man sitting there.

The man briefly glanced at Jack, "Jack" then he looked back at the paper he was reading. "It's good to see you again" then he gathered the entire document and neatly place it on the side of the table. "What can I do for you?" He gestured to Jack to sit in the chair across him.

"Haroom, it's good to see you too" Jack walked towards him and seated on the chair Haroom gestured at. "I'm here for consultation"

Haroom frowned entwined his hands on the table. "You're sick?"

"I think so," Jack said vaguely.

Tooth's father Haroom is a doctor. He is a cardiologist and Jack thinks he is the right person to ask what's happening to him. He might have answers to his unanswered questions.

"You think so?" Haroom asked.

Jack nodded. "You see, my heart beats in irregular phases. Sometimes it beat fast; sometimes it felt like I'm having a heart attack"

Haroom was writing something and nodding as Jack describes the possible symptoms happening to him.

"How often is this occurs?" Haroom asked.

"How often?" Jack thought. "Every time I look at her" he whispered. "Right! It's because of her, my heart acts weirdly"

"Her?" Haroom was taken aback as if he didn't expect Jack's answer.

"Yes her, my new partner in the case I'm currently assigned," Jack said incoherently. "She triggers something inside me doc that I couldn't understand" he explained. "I couldn't get her out of my mind. Every time she smiled it makes my heartbeat quicken and there's a need in me to be with her, to be beside her; I mean just by holding her hand I feel satisfied." he facepalms, "oh good gods! I must be crazy!"

Then Haroom laughed heartedly leaning his head back.

"What's so funny?" Jack frowned, "come on, this is not the time for laughing. This is serious! I might have a psychological problem or disorder" he helplessly said.

He doesn't know what to do now.

"Sorry Jack," Haroom said between his laugh. "I didn't mean to laugh at you" he grinned controlling himself not to laugh again. "But I must agree with you. You're crazy, crazy in love with her"

"What?" Jack stood up.

"No! No!" he shook his head, "doc, be serious! I don't have time to listen to your jokes"

Haroom watched Jack walking aimlessly back and forth in the room.

"I'm serious Jack, it's just that you're so dense to realize that" slow or dumb was the right word. Haroom thought.

"Realize what?!" Jack frustrated asked.

"That you are in love with her," Haroom said exasperated. Jack froze and looked at the doctor.

❆❆❆❆❆

WORD COUNT: 935 words (shortest chapter)

PUBLISHED: 2015

EDITED: 12/08/2020