XX: Realization

Jack left Tooth's residence and drive aimlessly.

He didn't want to go home because he doesn't know how to face Elsa. He decided to park the car in the sideway and hop out. He went to sit on the bench in the park he saw. He sits there really don't know what to do next.

He was confused. There were so many thoughts flooding in his mind. He needs to deal with this first so he can focus on his work.

He looked around and saw couples everywhere. "What? Is this some kind of Couple Park?" He annoyingly asked.

He leaned back and looked up in the sky. He stays in that position for a few seconds when he heard his phone ring. He fished his phone in the pocket and answered. "Hel-..."

"Jack!" he pulled away from the phone to his ear as he cringed in the loud voice. "Jack?" He looked at the phone to see who the caller is.

He sighed before he put the phone back to his ear. "Emma, you don't need to shout"

"Sorry" His sister apologizes. "How are you, Jack? I miss you! You didn't call me for a past few months"

"I'm sorry" He closed his eyes massaging the bridge of his nose. "I'm busy in my case right now"

"So who's the lucky girl?" Emma curiously asked.

"Who... What?" He was confused by her sudden change of subject.

"Who's the lucky girl?" She repeated, "So what your girlfriend's name?"

"Girlfriend? Where did you get that?"

"You see Jack, even though you're too busy in whatever case you were handling, you can still find a time to call me." She said in the matter-in-fact. "In case you haven't realized it yet. You haven't called me these past few months, so kind of figured it out, maybe because you have a girlfriend that's why you don't have time for me now." She paused, "so tell me her name. Is she your partner in the case you're handling right now?"

"Wha... who told you that?" Jack sternly asked.

"Oops! Am I not allowed to know anything about the case your handling?" Emma nervously asked.

"Of course! It's classified." He scolded her. "Who told you that?"

"Err..." Emma gulped audibly. "Tooth, Bunny, and Sandy visit me a few weeks ago and I was asking them why you haven't even tried calling me. They said that you are just busy in the case and this time you are with a woman"

He sighed again. "How much information do you know about the case I'm handling?"

"Not that much. I don't know the full detail. All I know is that you're with a woman in this case." Emma honestly answered. "Anyway, are you going to tell me her name? Do you love her?" She asked changing the subject. "Of course, you love her." She answered her own question. "How silly of me to ask you that when the answer is obviously yes."

Does he love Elsa? He asked himself. How could he possibly know that this is love?

Then a memory popped into his mind:

"Why do you love mom?" Jack asked his father as they watch his mother and Emma playing.

His father chuckled, "honestly son, I don't know why I love your mom. All I know is I love your mom"

He frowned. He doesn't get it.

His father chuckled again seeing him confused. "You'll understand that someday"

"How will you know that that is love?" He asked.

"You asked a difficult question out of the blue" His father laugh while rustled his hair. "It's hard to explain. It's like describing the taste of water." His father smiled. "but you'll know that that is love is when you felt it from here" his father point to his chest where the heart is. "You'll feel a warm feeling that it's hard to describe, the warm feeling that only your heart could understand." He paused. "And you'll start to appreciate simple things, like her smile. Just a simple smile can make your heartbeat quicken. Then you'll do everything just to see and protect that smile like it was worth more than the untold treasures of this world."

Then Jack remembers what Haroom said;

'You just have to accept those feelings, Jack, the sooner the better. The more you deny it the more you become frustrated'

As if everything dawns on him, everything becomes clearer now. He does love Elsa. He feels somewhat happy after realizing his feeling for Elsa. As if he was energized.

"Jack?" Emma brought Jack back from his reverie, "are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm still here"

"So what now? Are you going to tell me or what?" She asked impatiently.

"No, I'm not going to tell you." Jack smiled. "But..." He quickly said before she could protest. "I'll let you meet her"

"Really?!" Emma shrieked in excitement.

"Really" he smiled wider hearing his sister reaction. "Oh one more thing"

"What is it?" He could imagine that Emma was smiling as she asked.

"She's not my girlfriend," he told her honestly. "She's my wife"

"Wife?" Emma gasped. "What? Hey Jack! Since..." He hung up. He stood up and went to his car.

I'm going home. He happily thought.

Emma glared at the phone and her jaw drop. How dare His brother to hang up without explaining to her everything.

"I pity the phone you were glaring at" Emma heard an old man voice. She glanced at the door and saw the man who took care of them when their parents died in the accident. "Are you okay dear?" The old man asked worriedly seeing her still glaring and her mouth was open enough for the flies to enter.

Emma blinked before her mind finally process everything. She smiled widely. "You won't believe this!" She shouted happily.

The old man curiously stared at her. "Won't believe what?"

Emma stood up and ran to him to embrace him, "Jack has a wife!" She was beyond happy.

"Wife?" He holds her shoulder and looked into her eyes. She nodded while smiling like crazy. "Is that true?" Maybe she was just upset that his brother didn't call her these past few months that's why she was just speculating something, He thought.

"Yes! Jack said it himself." She moved away from him, "I was just guessing if he has a girlfriend especially, he was a partner with a woman, in this case, he was handling. Then he said she is not his girlfriend but she is his wife"

The old man thought before he replied. "Maybe they were in an undercover job that they need to act as a married couple."

They knew about Jack's work. At first, he was against it especially in most of the cases their handling is a very dangerous one. His sister doesn't know how to take it if something bad happens to Jack. But they couldn't Jack mind so he just respects Jack's decision.

"No" Emma strongly ignores the idea even though she already thought of those possibilities but... "I know my brother well, if he said something, he means it." She pauses, "And he said, he was letting me meet her" she excitedly said. "I'm going to buy her a present too!"

"Don't push your legs too much" He warned.

"Don't worry about it!" She left half running. The old man sighed and smilingly shook his head.

Last year, Emma finished her physical therapy session. It was successful. She was able to walk again but the Therapist said that she has to take it slow.