XXVII: Protect

A few weeks have passed...

Jack couldn't concentrate on his work. All that happens that night was still keep replaying in his mind. He couldn't forget her face as she cries and yells all those words at him. He closes his eyes tightly.

He lost it!

He needs to do something. He needs to apologize to Elsa. He needs to make up with him. He couldn't bear it.

He woke up early than he always does even though today is his day off. He plans to cook breakfast for Elsa. He eagerly prepared breakfast and even decorate the table beautifully.

He looked at his wristwatch and it was already past Elsa's waking time. He decided to wait for a few minutes.

When Jack looked at his watch again and it's been a few minutes since he was waiting for Elsa. Still, there's no sign of Elsa. He decided to go to her room and knock for a few seconds. Then he got nothing. He leans his ear to the door and tried to listen inside but it was just a deafening silence inside her room. He carefully opens the door but their house phone rang.

He immediately closes her door and went downstairs. He nonchalantly answered the phone. "Hello?" His eyes were still staring upstairs.

"Hello, Jack" A familiar voice answered in the other line.

"Good morning Sir" He immediately put his working mode voice knowing that it was Pitch who was calling him. "What can I do for you, sir?"

"Oh cut it out Jack, I know who you are" Pitch laughed.

His body stiffed by hearing those words. "What do you mean sir?" He innocently acted.

"Let's get to the point shall we?" Pitch said. "Elsa is with me, if you want to see her, why don't you come here to this address?"

"No!" He heard Elsa scream on the phone before Pitch could give him the address.

"Don't hurt her!" he gritted his teeth. He was gripping the phone tightly knowing Elsa was in danger.

"If you want to see her in one piece come and meet me at that address I gave you," Pitch said in finality then he hung up.

Rage was rising inside of him. He threw the phone in the wall that broke into pieces. Come to think of it he hasn't seen Elsa last night, why didn't he notice it? He thought that Elsa was still mad at him and decided to lock herself in her room. He didn't expect that she was caught by Pitch.

He immediately contacts the Headquarter for back up then he went to the address Pitch gave him without waiting for the backup to arrive.