Cream-A new day

Dream woke up as his pupils looked at himself and the night sky. He had a nightmare again. Though it wasn't anything new. He always expects it ever since Nightmare left him when he was younger. They both were siblings like two peas in a pod. But it changed.

Dream sat against the tree as he stifled his cries. He coughed up and wrapped his arms around himself. "Dream?" Dream looked up with his blurry vision filled with tears.

Cross sat next to him. "Are you okay?"

"Just went to get fresh air." Dream sighed as he wiped his tears. "That was a long time. Ink wondered where you went." Cross answered with concern as Dream felt a bit surprised but he shouldn't be.

"I fell asleep."

"That makes sense."

Cross and Dream sat next to each other.

Dream chuckled slightly as Cross turned to him in confusion and curiousity.

"I'm afraid of losing people. Like I lost my brother." Cross looked at him as Dream looked down. He wanted to speak but he couldn't find the words as he was  choked up.

Cross put his hands on Dream's shoulders making his pupils meet his.

"Hey." Cross looked at him seriously.

"We won't do that here." Cross smiled a little bit. "If we did. You have every right to slap every one of us. But I assure you we won't abandon you."

"Thanks..." dream smiled a little bit.

Cross patted Dream's skull which caused him to blush faintly.

"Tomorrow's a new day. It's okay if you don't wake up feeling fine. Because I'm here for you." Dream sighed.

"I don't deserve you."

"But thank you." Dream rested his skull near Cross as they stargazed. The stars illuminated the sky. It gave some hope.

The darkness were to be driven with light but still there.