Why Me?

Mya P.O.V.

I heard a crash from the entrance of the studio. I grabbed my clothes and put then on. I cautiously went over to the entrance of the studio to find one of the trashcans toppled over. Did someone follow me? No. I would have known. I grabbed my iPod and headed out. It was 8:50. I'd make it home on time. I walked sloppily home. Every step I took, a squish would erupt from my body. I went to my bedroom window and opened it, happy it was as I left it. I climbed in and turned on the light.

"Ahh!", I screamed.

"So. You'd think you'd sneak out huh?", my mom said.

"Uh uh uh-

"What am I going to do with you Mya? Your sneaking out when your grounded, your cursing at me, your coming home late-

"I came home right on time!", I interrupted.

"Mya it doesn't matter because you snuck out! What can I do with you Mya?! Your getting out of hand!", she screamed.

I said nothing because I had nothing to say. I shrugged my shoulders.

"No more.", she said.

"No more what?", I asked.

"I'm taking away everything in your possession. The only thing your going to have in your room is your bed. Until you learn what responsibility is and until you learn your manners I will take away all your privileges.",

"Ugh I hate you! I can never have my own rights because your always in the way! I'm 14 mom! Dora the Explorer has more freedom than me!", I yelled.

I left my room and went into the bathroom. I washed all the chocolate out of my hair and changed into fresh clean clothes. I entered my room to find everything I owned gone.

------------------------------------

"Crap!", I yelled.

It was 7:45. School started at 8:00. Why would she take away my alarm clock? How was I suppose to go to school early. I took a 5 minute shower and dressed in nothing but sweat pants and a sweat shirt. I skipped breakfast, grabbed my book bag and hurried out the door.

-----------------------------

I rushed in the school panting and sweating. Sweat literally dripped like a waterfall. As I entered laughter erupted everywhere. I can't stand these freaking people. They always dwell on the past. It was just one party. I walked over to my locker, head down.

"Hey Mya!"

Oh God. I ignored her.

"Nigger I'm talking to you!", she yelled.

I ignored her again.

She shoved me continually.

"Hey bitch did you see the video?", she sneered.

I turned around.

"What video?", I seethed angrily. She seemed taken aback by my attitude but I didn't blame her. I was so sick of seeing her face everyday.

"Oh.", she said with a triumphant sound, "Well it's all over YouTube. You've gone viral.", she laughed.

She went on her phone and handed me it. I stood there shocked, tears flowing down my cheeks. Remember the noise I heard last night? Remember how the trash cans were toppled over? She must have followed me. She must have recorded me dancing.....twerking......half naked. I scrolled at all the comments:

"That hoe"

"Freaking slut"

"That nigger is so freaking uneducated."

"Bitch should so kill herself."

"Where is her pride"

"LMFAO that whore."

My eyes flooded at all the comments I saw. I threw Jade's phone at her and ran out the school. I saw a glimpse of Justin before I ran out. His look was a look of sympathy and guilt. He should feel guilty for messing with my heart. I ran to the the park. I don't know why. It was the closest to sanity I could find. I went to the bench where I met Justin. I cried my eyes out. Everything bad happened to me. Why? Because of my color. Because people didn't except me for me.

I continued to cry when

"H-Hey."

I looked up. There standing in front if me was the Mexican Afro Guy.

I didn't reply.

"They can be pretty mean.", he said quietly.

I still didn't answer.

"Listen um I know how you feel. I um just started school here um about 2 days ago and it's not easy.", he said while sitting next to me.

I still didn't answer. This scene reminds me of Justin.

"Um it's not easy you know. Being around so much racism but if it helps...I think your pretty. And if people didn't judge others on their looks then I think the world would um be a better place you know.", he said.

I looked at him and continued to sniffle. I just nodded at him.

"So um my name is Jacob. What's yours?", he asked still trying to make conversation.

"My n-name is Mya.", I said quietly.

"That's a cute name.", he said.

I didn't answer.

"So um ok. Well I guess I'll catch you around or um see you at school maybe. We can hang out at lunch I guess. So I guess I'll catch you later.", he said and with that he left.

I continued to cry. I didn't care about what just happened. I didn't care who he was. I didn't care to trust him. I didn't care to talk to him. I just didn't freaking care anymore. Why should I? How could I stop what happened to me? Nothing I would do could help.