Flashback

Mya P.O.V.

"Rise and shine Mya!"

I woke up groggily and saw my mom cheesing at the door. I threw a pillow at her and she walked out. Realizing what had happened, I reluctantly got up and apologized to her.

"Sorry mom. I didn't realize-

"Mya what's on your arm?", she said while losing her smile.

"Oh that's just uh pen. Yea I drew on myself when I got bored.", I said.

That convinced her and she began smiling again.

"Where were you all weekend?", I asked.

"Oh just....you know.....business.", she said still smiling.

"O....K.", I said unconvinced.

I hurried upstairs to do my daily routine and for dressed. I wasn't going to school thought. No. I wasn't gonna face the two people that I hated so much. I decided to go to the park again. Like I said, that place keeps me sane.

"Bye mom!", I said as I strolled out the door. It was a nice day. Too bad my mood didn't match it. I walked over to the park to hear children's laughter and everyone playing with each other. That's how I remember how my life used to be. I sighed. I walked over to the bench. I referred to it as the Bench of Memories. After all I met Justin here. I sighed again. I sat down and opened my book. I was still reading 'Mockingjay', from the Hunger Games Trilogy. I never had the time to complete it so I decided to. I didn't read even a word when someone said my name.

"M-Mya?"

I looked up to see Jacob. I smiled at him but only half-heartledly.

"Are you stalking me or something?", I asked.

"N-no of course not. I just didn't want to go to school you know.", he said.

"Yea me neither.", I said sighing.

"What are you reading?", he asked.

"Oh just 'Mockingjay'. You know from the Hunger Games series", I said.

"Cool."

There was a silence.

"Listen Mya. I know this is so sudden but do you wanna uh grab some hotdogs or something? I-If you want.", he added quickly.

"Yea sure.", I said while closing my book and slipping it into my bag. I walked next to Jacob and turns out we had a lot in common. I decided to keep my guard on though. People aren't always as they seem.

We grabbed some hotdogs and sat down.

"I've never seen you at school.", I said, "I've only catched glimpses of your Afro."

He laughed.

"Yea I try not to get in people's way.", he said looking down.

"It's hard you know. At my old school, everyone treated everyone equal.", I said bringing up the subject even further.

"Me too but I moved here and well things happened.", he said.

"What happened on your first day of school?", I asked daringly.

Jacob P.O.V.

Her question had an effect on me.

I took a while to answer. I was in no rush at all. Finally I decided to tell.

"Well um I think when I was walking I accidentally pushed you right?", I asked.

She nodded.

"Ok so this is what happened.", I told her.

Flashback:

I walked in and for some reason everyone started laughing. I didn't know what was going on. I was walking towards the office to get my schedule and and locker information. I was walking over to my locker and was pushed. This guy wore a jersey and had this stocky posture. Next to him was a brunette and a girl with blonde hair. I was on the ground when the laughter continued. I attempted to get up but he pushed me back down and stepped on my stomach.

"Nice one Justin.", said the girl with the blonde hair.