Sweet 16 Part 2

Mya P.O.V.

The past four days have been hectic. I couldn't go to the party planning a. I just knew where it was. Yesterday Pat and I went shopping for a Sweet 16 dress. I was more excited about this party than before now that Pat and I forgave each other. Pat chose a strapless, purple dress with a black bow in the middle for me. It had some sequins on top of the breast part. She chose some silver flats for me too. I was in love with the outfit. Pat was gonna walk with me to the party. She had on a plain red strapless dress with black heels. I noticed her leopard printed nails. We walked out the door and outside.

We stood outside Plaikly Place. My heart beat with every second. I was excited. We entered and Pat gave me a black blindfold. I held her hand and she led me to God knows where. All I know is that I kept tripping her. We went through a door and I heard it shut behind us. Pat took the blindfold off and I heard,

"SUPRISE!"

The party was beautiful. It was so colorful and this huge cake was in the middle of everything. Some people were in the pool and some were by the park. It felt great. I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces. Most were people from the police station and their kids. I didn't see any of my friends.

BEEP! BEEP!

I turned my head to where the sound came from and gasped.

A black, shiny convertible car pulled up on the driveway. Inside drove Todd. I ran outside with pat.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you dad!", I said when I hugged him.

I felt tears slip down my back.

"Are you crying?", I asked.

"Yea. I am."

It took me a while but I realized that I called him dad. I didn't care. He was more of a father than I ever had. He pocketed the keys.

"Driving lessons are tomorrow.", he said smiling.

I squealed. I went inside and went to the park. Pat didn't pack me extra clothes for the pool. It was alright. I needed some peace anyways. The park was an indoor one. I thought it was really cool. They had temperature changes. You can even make it rain in there. I walked to a tree and sat down.

I don't know how long I sat there until,

"Hello."

I looked up and my reflexes took over. I panicked and backed up.

"Mya we need to talk.", he said.

"H- How did you....Who invited you?", I asked.

"I'll tell you that later. I need to tell you something now.", he said.

"There's nothing to talk about J-Jacob. Leave.", I said with less to no authority.

"No Mya. We need to talk now."

"No.", I said backing up.

Somehow he caught up to me and grabbed my arm with force. He pressed us together.

"Don't hit me. Please.", I said crying.

I saw tears glisten in his eyes like I hurt him.

"Please sit Mya.", he said.

"No.", I said trying to break free of his grip. He held on.

"Please. I need to explain.", he begged.

I sighed. "Fine."

"When I uh hit you. It was the biggest mistake-

"Shut up I'm trying of this bullshit Jacob. Every time you hurt me it's a mistake. I'm tired of getting hurt.", I said.