Returning

Mya P.O.V.

Pat went home. I guess she didn't enjoy the first day of school. I didn't either. I left with her. I couldn't stand the smell of vomit on me. I was lying on my bed. Todd was at work and Pat was in her room probably sleeping. Memories began to flash my brain. I remember the great times I had at Oak Grove Center. I remember how the kids made me smile. Especially when Derek smiled. I jumped out of my bed suddenly remembering what I never did. I never visited Derek's school. I got dressed in my blue sweat pants and sweat shirt. I grabbed my keys and phone and headed out the door.

"Where are you going?", asked Pat. She was in the kitchen eating an apple.

"None of your business.", I said before walking out.

I remembered clearly the name and where it was. I turned left on my bike and sped down the sidewalk. The school was really close to Oak Grove Center.

I braked and parked my bike in front of Oak Bridge Elementary. Derek's school. The school was closed. I went around it to the principals office. I was surprised at how easy it was to find my way around. I buzzed the door and it buzzed back signaling me to come in. I entered and I smelled lasagna. I remember having that pretty often in elementary school. I observed the office and noticed a door that's said cafeteria. That explains the smell.

"Hello. May I help you?", asked the secretary. Or I assumed.

I was so caught up in observing I forgot what I was here for.

I turned to her and smiled.

"Hello my name is Mya. Your probably not familiar with me. I was the former therapist of Derek at Oak Grove Center and I actually helped rescue him from this deep situation-

"Yea I've heard of you.", she interrupted.

"Yea so um I wanted to know if I could speak to Derek's teacher. Please.", I added when she furrowed her eyebrow.

"What business do you have with Ms. Watson? Do you have an appointment?", she asked.

"No m'am. This is actually about Derek's bullying problem."

"Well if she is still here then I'm sure we can arrange something."

She walked over to the intercom. She clicked some buttons.

"Hello. Ms. Watson.", she said speaking into the intercom.

"Hello.", she answered back.

"Are you busy at the moment?"

"No."

"Well I have a young lady here who would like to speak to you.", she said.

"Ok I'll be right there."

The secretary turned off the intercom and walked back to her seat.

"Thank you Ms.-

"Ms. Dee.", she told me.

In no time Ms. Watson arrived in.

"Hello.", she greeted me.

"Hi Ms. Watson."

"You wanted to talk?", she asked me.

"Yes."

She gestured me to come over. We began to walk out of the office and onto the school grounds.

Ms. Watson had her hair in a bun and had a lot of wrinkles. She looked kind though.

"What did you want to talk about?", she asked.

"Well first is like to introduce myself. My name is Mya and I was a therapist for Derek and many other kids at Oak Grove Center-

"Aren't you a bit young to be a therapist?", she asked me quizzically.

"Yes but it was more volunteer work than a profession. So I tried some techniques with my class. Everyone else said the techniques worked but Derek said no one cared that he was getting bullied no much how many times he addressed the issue-

"I'll have you know that I do care about this issue.", she interrupted.

"Well I guess it wasn't working m'am.", I said.

She scoffed.

"I don't need a child to tell me what to do."

This reminded me of the conversation I had with Derek's mother.

"I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just simply telling the truth.", I said.

She didn't say anything.

"Ok I guess I could focus more of my attention on helping Derek and address the school board.", she agreed.

"Thank you Ms. Watson.", I said smiling.

"You welcome. Now go home now. An thank you for caring.", she said.

I nodded and rushed off.

I rode my bike in the direction of the dance studio. I didn't want to go back home yet. I was happy that Derek would have a change in his life. And my birthday was in five days. Life was going great so far. Well...some of it. I went in the studio. I had so much memories there. Good and bad. I entered and sat down in the corner going through my playlists. I heard footsteps. My eyes immediately darted to the noise. I saw an Afro appear. My heart began to beat. Then I saw his full features. He looked skinnier but the same old Jacob. The same Jacob that beat me up.

He looked at me and smiled weakly.

I screamed.

"Don't scream.", he said.

My eyes quickly darted for a weapon. I noticed a steel bar in another corner. I ran to it. Jacob didn't notice what I was trying to do. I grabbed it.

"Mya just listen to me. Please.", he said.

I panted. I was going wild.

"Your n-not g-gonna take adv-advantage of me again!", I yelled.

"Mya please. I wanna explain.", he said fearfully.

"No! I'm done with you. Your nothing but a bastard. A woman beater! I hate you. Stay away from me!", I yelled again.

I saw tears slipping down his face but I didn't give a damn.

"Mya please."

"Don't 'Mya' me! I hate you!"

He began to walk closer. I held my ground.

"Come any closer and I'll hit you!"

He began to walk closer and I took a few steps back.

He reached out his hand to me.

"Mya-

I smacked his hand as hard as I could with the steel bar.

He moaned in pain clutching his arm. I took my chance. I whacked him in the head with the bar. I heard a loud CRACK. He fell to the floor and I dropped the bar. The sound echoed through the building. I grabbed my belongings and ran out.

A/N- Is he dead? 🙊😵

Comment, Vote, fan! Thx!!!!❤❤