Sweet 16 Part 1

Jacob P.O.V.

My head felt like it was split open. My brain was pounding against my skull. The steel bar was next to my face. I wonder if she was trying to kill me. I know the fear in her face took over her control. I don't blame her. She looked as beautiful as ever. I was so close to her but so far. Why do I have to always screw up? I could barely get up. The pain in my head felt like weight. I got up to my feet a little wobbly. I had to concentrate on my feet so I wouldn't topple over. I had no idea where she went. Then I realized something. I don't know why it never came to my mind. She's alive. I was so excited to see her that it never crossed my mind. She's alive! She didn't kill herself! But what were those blood stains in her house? I don't know but I'm just so happy she's alive. I'm so stupid sometimes. The thought of seeing her made my mind go blank. I'm just so happy she's not dead. Part of me felt like she wasn't and part of me did. I just want her back. I walked outside and it was raining. The weather matches my mood. Ironic huh? I just want to know where she could be. I need to explain. I need to.

Mya P.O.V.

I was crying on my bed. The place I called a second home has been tarnished. I was shaking at seeing him. The steel bad was my only defense. I don't care what he had to say to me. He deserved that hit. All the abuse he did to me. He deserved it.

"Mya!"

I heard the door slam. Todd was home.

I exited my room.

"Yea Todd.", I said.

"Well your party is in five days and we need to plan it. It's gonna be your Sweet 16!", he said.

I didn't smile as he did.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

"Nothing. I just don't want a big party.", I said.

"Ok but I was gonna ask you where you wanted it to be."

"Uh maybe the uh Plaikly Place. You know where they have all those cool stuff in one. They have a park, a pool, and some other stuff. We could get a reserved party or something."

"Ok. I'll do that.", he said.

I went into my room to see Pat in there.

"I'm not in the mood. Get out.", I said quickly.

"Please let me talk.", she said.

I sighed. "Five minutes."

"Ok Mya I don't want this fight between us. I'm not racist. I love you. I love you as my sister. I was just so excited and afraid of going to school that I didn't know what to think or how to react. I was just so hype at how life turned from bad to good. I got adopted because of you and I'm grateful for that. I get to go to school. I never had those things. It's a lot to take in. My emotions took over me and I wasn't thinking straight. Please forgive me.", she said with finality.

I tried to think of a retort but none came to mind.

I smiled at her.

"It's ok. I guess I was being stubborn and not listening to you for the past week. Lets just try and control ourselves next time ok.", I said.

She nodded and we hugged.