Not A Good Idea

Mya P.O.V.

I woke up on my one person bed. It was small but the rest of the house was big. Todd was single but he seemed to be living well. The house was around the size of average and Pat was right next door to my room. We've bonded plenty. Not only we were best friends but we were sisters. Todd never talked to us about school and I didn't want to hear it. School started all of my problems. School was the reason I met Justin and Jacob. They both broke my heart. Also school is the reason I met Jasmine. My mom would've been alive if I hadn't move to a new school. But I can't do anything about it. Learn from the past and move on. That's my motto from now on. I woke up unsteadily still lost in a trail of thought. I put on my slippers and went into the hall. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a yogurt. I went into the hall and knocked on Pat's door.

"Pat? You up?", I asked.

"Yea."

I went in and closed the door behind me. She was applying nail polish onto her feet. I let her have my set and she's obsessed.

"I love this place.", she said randomly.

"Me too."

"It feels so weird to be in a home. I've been at that foster care for all my life and-

"Breakfast!", yelled Todd.

He's up? I thought. I set my yogurt on Pat's dresser and rushed to the hall.

"Good morning Dad.", said Pat.

"Good morning Todd.", I said.

I wasn't used to calling him dad but Pat did right off the bat. Probably because she didn't know her dad.

"Good morning guys. How did you sleep?", he asked.

"Good.", I said.

"Great.", said Pat.

He gave me my plate of eggs, ham, and sausage.

He gave Pat some pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

He knows our favorites.

We began to walk to the living room.

"Wait.", he said.

We turned back and headed towards him. He gestured towards the table so we had to sit down.

"Meeting?", I asked.

"Meeting.", he confirmed.

I sighed.

"Don't sigh. You'll be excited.", he reassured.

We didn't answer so he continued.

"So we need you guys to go back to school. I've arranged a registration for you Pat but I know you already go to school there Mya. The school is Hollandale High.", he said with finality.

I was gaping while Pat was smiling. I was dreading this. I didn't want to go back to school. I just had a feeling more bad memories would be formed.

"Come on Mya. This will be fun.", said Pat after we ate. We were in her room and I was awkwardly playing with my hair.

"You don't understand Pat. The past time I've been there its been hell. All of my bad memories formed there. People bullied me because I am black."

"Well maybe they'll like me. I'm not black.", she said.

She really hit a nerve.

"That's the most inconsiderate thing I've ever heard in my life!", I shouted.

"No I didn't mean it like that."

"Oh so how did you mean it? Lets see. Since I'm black I should get made fun of and since your white, you should be treated fairly?", I questioned.