Soon

Mya P.O.V.

Tomorrow I'd be leaving for foster care. I was so bored I kept track. I didn't get out of that room and no one suggested the idea. Todd visited me to check up on me but that was it. I've listened to some of their conversations but none were about the missing children. I did know that the detectives were going to come today and tell the officers the clues they've found. I was pretty excited about that.

When I heard the door opened I sat still, awaiting to hear the information.

"Good afternoon Todd, Anthony, Peter.", said one detective.

"Afternoon Willis. Afternoon Jones. So do you have any information?", asked Todd.

"Yes. That I do.", said Willis. I heard ruffling. It sounded like paper. And I also heard shuffling of feet.

"So show us.", said Anthony.

"Well I'll have you know that Mary, Sid, Fredrick, and Harry have been found. Now I know you said the therapeutic children have a connection and your right. But they haven't been found. But we went to the place where they had they're therapy. All of them were in Oak Grove Center. Now I was talking to the secretary of the center. Her name was Rose. She was shocked to know they were missing. She told me that she thought it was there vacation time. Poor thing. She burst into tears. Anyways we managed to get information out of her. Turns out that they're therapist who was no older than 16, bought them outside for some sunshine after the session was over. She saw him walk back in without the kids. She asked him why he left them outside. He said that all of them left. Now Rose didn't know he was lying. Turns out he just left them there and well we don't know what happened next. They got kidnapped. Some children already left but he left the rest behind. Now were looking for this boy. Rose tells me his name is Nathaniel Davis. White, 5"9. Dark Brown Hair with Light Brown Eyes. Last seen wearing dark blue jeans and a brown shirt. He is no where to be found but we have Detective James on it.", he said.

"Thank you both. We appreciate it.", said Todd.

"No problem. We'll investigate further and we'll get back to you.", said Detective Jones.

I heard the door open and close. Thy haven't been found yet. I sighed. I just hope and pray they are found. I just hope.

Next Morning

I took a quick bath and dressed in baggy clothes and tennis shoes. I grabbed my suit case and sat on the bed waiting.

Todd knocked.

"Come in."

"Are you ready Mya?", he asked.

I nodded and grabbed my items before walking out. The sun hit me like a ray. I'd have to adjust to the light. I went down the steps and into the squad car.

It wasn't a long drive at all. Probably 10 minutes. I exited the car with Todd and he carried my bag up the stone steps. I breathed in deeply. I was nervous. He rang the doorbell and I heard it echo through the hall. A small lady with graying hair answered the door.

"Hello.", she said kindly.

"Hi.", said Todd.

"Oh please come in.", she said.

She smiled at me as I passed her.

I smile back half heartedly. She led us in a corridor and into a room that was her office. Or I assumed. Se led us in and I sat down.

"Hello. Are you hear to register?", she asked.

"Yes Ms.-

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm Ms. Gaunt. And you are?", she asked.

"Well I am Officer Todd but you can call me Todd. This is Mya Sherill. ", he said.

"Well hello Mya. Welcome to Miami's Foster Care.", she said.

I smiled at her because I didn't want to speak.

Todd was explaining to her why I was there but I droned off for a while.

"Mya I'm going to need you to fill out some paperwork.", said Ms. Gaunt.

She handed me a paper and a pen.

It asked my age, date of birth, allergies, where I was born, when I was born and some other easy stuff. I finished it was handed it to her.

"Come on Mya I will show you your room.", said Ms. Gaunt.

She led me into a room. On the door it said 13-15 year olds. She led me in and all eyes were on me. It was awkward. She led me to a bed with a gray sheet. I put my suitcases under the bed.

"Well if you ask some girls could help you out and where you need to be. Everyone! This is Mya. She's new and I hope you all are kind to her.", said Ms. Gaunt.

"Well Mya, I guess this is goodbye. Take care ok?", he said. He patted my shoulder and walked out followed by Ms. Gaunt. I sat on the bed playing with my bracelet. I was trying to act like I didn't notice the eyes on me. As I was looking down I saw feet appear in front of me. I looked up.

"Hi I'm Patricia. People call me Pat. I'm 15.", she said holding out a hand.

I shook it.

"I- I'm Mya. People call me Mya. I'm 15 too.", I said.

She laughed.

"Cool."

She sat next to me and we talked. She asked me where I came from and she seemed very nice. I guess I made a friend.

??? P.O.V.

"Shut up you stupid little brats or I'll kill you all!", I yelled at them.

"I'm hungry.", said Shannon.

"I already gave you a loaf of bread. What more do you need?!", I yelled.

"Please let us go. We won't tell anyone. We swear!", said Jacob.

I went to eye level with him.

"Listen you brat-

He spat in my face.

I slapped him.

"Now your never getting out. If I'd kill you all. Your first.", I told him.

I laughed as I exited the basement where they were all tied up and slammed the door. I went to the fridge and grabbed a soda. I laughed at my accomplishments. I killed Mya's mom. I captured these children. And soon. Soon it will all be worth it.

A/N-

Who do you think that person is? Comment if you know👇👇